Ludia Forums

[Release Notes] Jurassic World Alive | Update 1.14

OVERVIEW

Hello fellow DPG members,

This update is focused on bringing to you the Paleozoic era. We’re taking you to the Permian period when Inostrancevia, Arctops, Moschops and Scutosaurus roamed free on the Earth. We’re also introducing the new Revenge Ability.

Here’s what’s exciting in the update:

• New Creatures
  • New Mechanics
  • Active Abilities
  • New Passive Abilities
  • Ability Updates
  • Creature Updates
  • Misc.
  • Bug Fixes & Known Issues

NEW CREATURES

Permian

The permian creatures Inostrancevia, Arctops, Moschops and Scutosaurus are creatures that you will want to keep in your pocket until one of your creatures is taken out.

• Inostrancevia - Common | Cunning, Revenge, Fast, Striker

A simple creature, Inostrancevia features the Revenge Impact special ability. It can control its opponent’s damage through copious uses of the basic attack Distraction. Its offensive dedication is felt with its Immunity to Distraction.

This permian creature is the largest of the two gorgonopsians , with 1000 attack, 3900 HP and 130 speed, Inostrancevia is poised to exact revenge in the name of its lost teammates.

• Arctops - Rare Exclusive | Cunning, Revenge, Fast, Distracter

Arctops is the more aggressive of the gorgonopsians: it has 1300 attack, 3000 HP and 131 speed. Arctops is Immune to Distraction. It has access to the Distraction basic attack as well as Revenge Distracting Strike special abilities. This means that on turn 2, with the proper combination of abilities, it is possible to inflict a -100% or a -125% damage reduction to the opponent creature! Arctops can also use its Rampage to inflict the most damage at a critical moment.

• Moschops - Rare | Resilient, Revenge, Speed Control, Tank

Fast cat got your mouse? Introduce it to Moschops! It can withstand a cunning opponent’s onslaught while using Superiority Strike to gain the speed advantage. Featuring Revenge Decelerating Impact, Moschops can deal a high amount of damage while (once again) gaining the speed advantage. If you’re facing an opponent equipped with Dodge, Moschops’ Precise Rampage can hit it where it hurts the most. Moschops is Immune to Deceleration and Immune to Stuns.

Moschops has 4500 HP, 1000 attack and 113 speed, with a solid 25% armor.

• Scutosaurus - Epic | Resilient, Revenge, Speed Control, Tank

When the opponent is fast with Distraction abilities, accept no substitutes: Scutosaurus can either start its revenge on the defensive front with Revenge Protection, or set up speed superiority with Revenge Decelerating Impact or Superiority Strike. It is Immune to Deceleration and Immune to Stuns. Scutosaurus has 4800 HP, 1000 attack and 116 speed, with a solid 25% armor.

Hybrids

• Entelochops - Epic Hybrid | Mixed, Revenge, Superiority, Fast, Tank, Mutual Fury, Shattering

Similar to its Moschops parent, this hybrid combines the boarish ferocity of the Entelodon with the revenge abilities of Moschops. Entelochops’ attributes make it a good bruiser, with 1100 attack, 4200 HP, 126 speed and 20% armor. Entelochops is a mixed hybrid, it’s good for a variety of reasons: it can maintain speed advantage with Superiority Strike and Revenge Decelerating Impact, it can increase its damage and speed with Mutual Fury, and it can severely put the hurt on anything with Revenge Shattering Rampage. As with its Permian parent, Entelochops is Immune to Deceleration and Immune to Stuns.

The scientists working on this hybridization project had a bit of fun when picking which creatures to hybridize together. Can you guess what this creature’s nickname is?

• Majundaboa - Epic Superhybrid | Resilient, Escape Prevention, Shielded, Counter-Attacker

Consistency and long-term goals are this superhybrid’s modus operandi. It inherits its traits from Majundasuchus and Titanoboa GEN2. With Raking Counter Attack, Immune to Distraction and Ferocious Strike, Majundaboa keeps the damage coming. With Shielded Decelerating Strike and On Escape Dust Cloud, Majundaboa ensures that it benefits from multiple sources of Shields to outlast the opposition. Last but not least, Majundaboa is a patient jack of all trades that has access to useful contingencies in the form of Cleansing Impact and Precise Impact. Its attributes are Attack 1000, HP 3600, speed 110.

• Grylenken - Legendary Hybrid | Cunning, Dodger

Gryposuchus ancestry combined with Kelenken DNA means that almost no one can escape the Grylenken, since it has No Escape. This hybrid maintains its speed advantage since it is Immuned to Deceleration. Grylenken can counter certain arena matchups thanks to Evasive Stance and Immobilize, while it can pile on the hurt with Raking Claws. Its Simple Rending Counter Attack lets it deal consistent damage no matter the size of the foe. The snap-jaw terror bird hybrid has 1100 attack, 3000 HP, 126 speed and 10% armor. Its basic ability is *Distraction.

NEW MECHANICS

REVENGE

Revenge abilities have some mechanical differences based on whether you lost a creature last turn or not. The first part is used when the ability is played, but if you lost a creature last turn the second part is used instead.

When your creature is taken out, it will be to your advantage if you replace it with a revenge creature. That creature’s abilities will be different (i.e. improved) on the first action.

As an opponent facing a revenge creature, this is a perfect moment to attempt to stun the revenge creature before it’s able to act! You can also expect that the revenge creature will use a revenge ability to benefit from its improved mechanics, but a canny opponent could use this predictability to bluff you! In fact, if your opponent does not benefit from their Revenge ability, the in-game prompt “No Revenge” will appear as it performs a non-Revenge action.

NEW ACTIVE ABILITIES

Revenge Decelerating Impact

Reduce target’s speed 50% for 2 turns. Attack 1.5x.

Cooldown: 1.

Revenge:

Reduce target’s speed 50% for 2 turns. Attack 2x.

Revenge Shattering Rampage

Destroy Shields. Attack 2x, bypassing Armor.

Cooldown: 1. Delay: 1.

Revenge:

Destroy Shields. Attack 2x, bypassing Armor.

Cooldown: 1. No Delay.

Revenge Distracting Strike

Reduce opponent’s damage 50% for 2 turns. Attack 1x.

Cooldown: 2.

Revenge:

Reduce opponent’s damage 75% for 2 turns. Attack 1x.

Revenge Distracting Impact

Reduce opponent’s damage 50% for 2 turns. Attack 1.5x.

Revenge:

Reduce opponent’s damage 50% for 2 turns. Attack 2x.

Revenge Impact

Attack 1.5x.

Revenge:

Attack 2x.

Revenge Protection

Gain 50% shields for 2 turns. Attack 1x.

Revenge:

Gain 50% shields for 4 turns. Attack 1x.

Cooldown: 4.

Revenge Rampage

Attack 2x.

Revenge:

Attack 2x.

No Cooldown.

NEW PASSIVE ABILITIES

Simple Rending Counter Attack

Deal 25% of the target’s max HP as damage after receiving and surviving a physical attack.

Note: Unlike Shattering Rending Counter Attack this ability cannot destroy shields nor bypass armor.

Raking Counter Attack

When receiving and surviving direct damage, remove Dodge and Cloak and Attack 1x, bypassing Armor.

ABILITY UPDATES

Definite Rampage

Cooldown = 2.

Rending Damage

Similar to last update’s Damage Over Time tweak, effects that dealt 33% rend damage will now deal 34%. This change affects Greater Rending Counter Attack and Minor Rending Attack.

CREATURE UPDATES

Brontolasmus

Definite Rampage now becomes Definite Impact.

Brontotherium

Attack has increased to 1200. Definite Rampage now becomes Definite Impact.

Elasmotherium

Attack has increased to 1500, HP to 3900. Definite Rampage now becomes Definite Impact.

Proceratosaurus

Slowing Impact now becomes Nullifying Impact. Basic Attack now also becomes Distraction. Attack is reduced to 1450.

Scolosaurus

Attack reduced to 1000.

MISC.

The End Screen of Tournament battles will now display your personal Alliance Point Contribution instead of your Alliance’s total score.

• As a reminder, we recently changed the way Alliances’ scores are counted. We now count only the 50 best contributions. For most Alliances, this has no impact. It was done to limit a possible exploit. See our forum post on this topic for more information.

BUG FIXES & KNOWN ISSUES

There are about 100 bugs fixed in this release. Here are the most notable fixes that you are likely to enjoy:

• Players can no longer report Usernames in Alliance Championships
  • Alliance Championship leaderboard does not scroll past 100 guilds
  • Dracorex GEN2 not eligible in a specific Campaign
  • Ability selection round starts before creatures’ swap in abilities are complete
  • Top players 100-200 are missing from PvP Leaderboards

Known Issues

• Icons and buttons are all displayed on screen after a drone session or opening incubators
  • Expired DNA Donation Requests Remain in Alliance Chat
  • Trophy counts are innacurate in Profile and friends list
  • Players belonging to an alliance and attempting to collect AP bonus sometimes gives player error message to join alliance
  • Shadowy figure of the creature is seen in the VFX when fusing DNA for 1.13 creatures

These issues are still being invested to be fixed!

A note on data collecting
We’d like to take a moment and thank everyone who has been participating in our numerous surveys and providing us with constructive feedback on our forums and social channels. We believe in player feedback and although changes rarely occur immediately, the very tangible data we collect, especially from our surveys, help guide us on our roadmaps and future optimizations.

64 Likes

Oh yeah!! Finally, some use for my 17k+ Majundasuchus DNA!!!

30 Likes

Still no hybrid for me :frowning_face:

19 Likes

Sooo not to be a downer here I love the update I really do but… ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES TO THREE MOST BROKEN CREATURES IN THE GAME COME ON!

32 Likes

Did you even read the patchnotes? Mammolania is probably dropping out of tyrant period.

3 Likes

Great! You changed creatures that were balanced and made them worse. What about the creatures that really needed to change?

29 Likes

I mean I guess but that now only helps after it’s KO’d your Dino

1 Like

Still no new dinos huh, also why no hybrid for dimodac and alaky?!?!

11 Likes

It’s not high tyrant now that it can’t pop off a high damage move reliably. Mammotherium is also absolutely destroyed now.

3 Likes

Nice, Majundaboa is an epic. Thank goodness I didn’t overlevel my Boa and Majund (to 15)

2 Likes

I mean in my mind makes sense definite is now for legendary and up. I mean definite rampage is too much for like commons, rares and maybe epics (maybe. It could have kept it) but if they would keep it they probably be a lot worse thanks to the two turn cool down but I guess impact is a compromise

3 Likes

Well this is… disappointing

22 Likes

True I mean still can like one shot any Dino in two turns but afterwards now it’s a sitting duck but seriously we’re they that stubborn that they couldn’t have just taken away it’s immune to distraction… oh boy I just realized porqucus is dead too rip (oh also rip wolly rhino :rhinoceros:)

4 Likes

10 characters

These creatures were balanced.

Brontotherium, for example, only has 1 movement that deals damage.

I was really expecting a NERF for creatures that really needed.

25 Likes

Hmmmm cooldown to definite rampage :frowning:

1 Like

When Ludia tries to hit Procerathomimus but hits Proceratosaurus instead.

62 Likes

NOOOOOOOOO. Why did you touch brontolasmus??? :frowning:
(At least it can still cycle though)

9 Likes

Still no new dinos…and no uniques???so i ll wait 2 more months of nothing…

9 Likes

Ya sounds about right