Ludia Forums

[Release Notes] Jurassic World: The Game | Update 34

In Update 34, you’ll notice that the Raptor Paddock has reopened after undergoing renovations, which will introduce the –

NEW FEATURE - MODs

• Your favorite raptors are still here: Blue, Charlie, Delta, Echo, and every day you’ll be able to train them using different methods. Training the raptors will get you MODs, which can be stocked up!
  • You’ll be able to train raptors and create Common and Rare MODs using resources. More precious and efficient MODs will require specialized resources.
  • MODs will go from covering basic creature buffs to specialized abilities that could help sway the battle in your favor!
1 Like

Sounds for me a lot like boosters. New name, old product.
Raider now is called Twix…does anybody understand what I am referring to?

2 Likes

When is this update coming out as it hasnt reached me yet

I’m hoping these MODs make permanent improvements to your commons and rares, so instead of one-time boost like before, it’s now fixed for future battles too. Hope my hope is correct. Otherwise, yeah, boosters of old all over again.

2 Likes

I am hoping that these Mods are not the same thing that currently has broken Jurassic World Alive: The Game. I have heard that the Mods added there has made the game almost exclusively pay to play. I am excited for the change but hope this adds to the enjoyment of the game and does not cripple the current structure.

4 Likes

Could you elaborate on how the Alive game was broken?

1 Like

I don’t play the game but from what I have read and seen from videos about it. It was intended to be a limited amount that you could increase or a limited amount that a player could access. However there was no limit and long standing players that did not pony up the dollars to keep pace with others were quickly out classed making their strongest Dino’s completely inferior. It might be part of the way matches are done on that platform where on this platform we don’t actually face other players. So it will depend on how the system generated matches continue to calculate what we get matched up against will determine on if it will have a negative effect.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, Chris. Yeah, if the battles do turn ridiculous, then I’ll simply turn collector, kinda like you, and use this for educational purposes.

I’ve seen a lot of the same comments in the Alive forums (for some reason I get a lot of their topics in my “Suggested Topics” list. Sounds like a lot of long-time players have quit the game over it, it’s so bad now, Gaming Beaver just posted a new update discussing the issue too. So yeah, while it’s definitely a different gaming environment with real PvP, does not sound like something we would want making its way to our side.

If we can use these MODs in PvE, that’d be fantastic. We’ll see.

PS to @Tommi:

1 Like

I knew that you would be the one.

2 Likes

Ooh this is gonna be good!

So… will we be able to use these MOD’s in tournaments? Or will they for certain battle events? Regardless, I like the idea of making MOD’s. It gives you something to pour your overflow of gold into when it hit’s max. (or you can use it on trade)

No one knows anything about them at this point, just all speculation.

If it is modifications I think it will be altering some of your dinosaurs permanently or at least not a one and done like the boosters. We will have to wait and see. But if it is like Alive it will be changes that stick with the creature, until another mod is added.

Would be cool if you could also add baby version of Indominus Rex and Indoraptor in the park

This isn’t a huge complaint but I think this is an issue that can easily be fixed: The tournament class dinos (from Deinocheirus to Edestus to Titanaboa) should get their own class called unique, just like the best dinos in Jurassic World Alive are unique class. The VIP creatures could also have their own class which I think should just be called VIP. These two groups of creatures already have the differences needed: Their own, distinct stats, different backgrounds, different rarity in the market. I just think this would be a good change so we don’t end up with 2/3 of the game’s creatures being legendary like Jurassic Park Builder.

2 Likes

I had a little look in the JWA forum yesterday, much more traffic in there but absolutely not as profound as here.
As far as I understood these MODs are permanent in JWA. The problem there is that they are competing against real players, who (maybe illegaly) managed to get heaps of those MODs, which made the game for many guys very unattractive.

3 Likes

They just dropped a video on their FB describing what’s coming with the MODs…

2 Likes

The following is information based on the video I linked above either from the prize wheels they showed or from the battles, I am guessing on some of them as they are not shown which raptor they are coming from when it is on the battle screen. I am assuming the color of the background in conjunction with the color of the outline is how I am determining where to place them in the list below. Also form the video it appears some take affect at the beginning of the fight while others might not take affect until that creature is up in the battle.

Raptor Mods:

Charlie:

• Common:
    • Rally - Increase Attack Stat of entire team by 20%
    • Intimidation - Reduce Attack Stat of entire enemy team by 10%
    • Charge - Increase Attack Stat by 15%
    • Wound - Reduce opposing creature’s Health Stat by 10%
  • Rare:
    • Berserk - Increase Attack Stat by 40% and reduce Health Stat 25%
  • Super Rare:
  • Legendary:
    • Toxin - ???

Echo:

• Common:
    • Distraction - Reduce Attack Stat of Opposing creature by 15%
    • Intimidation - Reduce Attack Stat of entire enemy team by 10%
    • Rally - Increase Attack Stat of entire team by 20%
  • Rare:
    • Piercing Bite - Deal 40% of Attack Stat even if attack is blocked
  • Super Rare:
    • Clone - ???
    • Steal - ??? (from the video it looks like you steal the mod of your opposing player and take it for your self)
    • Predation - ???
  • Legendary:

Delta:

• Common:
  • Rare:
  • Super Rare:
    • Siphoning Bite - ???
  • Legendary:
    • Regenerate - ???

Blue:

• Common:
    • Distraction - Reduce Attack Stat of Opposing creature by 15%