Resizing Raptors

I don’t know if this would be a bug fix, or a stylistic suggestion, since I’m not really sure why the raptors are all currently the same size. I’ve noticed size differences between other similarly modeled dinosaurs (e.g. T-Rex and Tyranolauphasor), so why are all the raptor models the same size, when they should differ drastically? The Pyroraptor out to be the size of a cat, and the Utahraptor should be around the size of one of the small stegosaurs or hadrosaurs. Would it be that difficult to resize the models to some approximation of the right size?

Bonus points if you resize them, but rename the Velociraptor “Deinonychus” and rename the Pyroraptor “Velociraptor,” since it seems to fit the bill exactly, right down to the snout.

Thanks!

1 Like

JP did mislead the world on a what a Velociraptor Raptor actually is, but it’s at least in the family with Deinonychus, which some do refer to as a Raptor. Velociraptor just sounds so much cooler lol.

1 Like

or the Utah raptor size

1 Like

In the Jurassic Park canon, it was Henry Wu’s genetic tinkering which somehow led to the enlarged and aggressive velociraptors. The same applies to the more bipedal Spinosaurus.

1 Like

Crichton knee that velociraptors were smaller but because the name sounded cooler and more ferocious he used it. Then the size discrepancy was explained by the dna coding not being perfect.

1 Like

Sure, but that’s still not really a reason to make all the different raptors the same size?

The other raptors should be more the correct size but I guess chicken sized/little raptors vs Brachiosaurus probably wouldn’t look right.