‘Restrictions’ is a passive effect that restricts the opposing creature from doing a certain activity. For example, a restriction can stop the opponent from healing, another can stop the opponent from increasing ferocity/crit chance, etc.
Some of the restrictions can be -
- No Heal - 75% chance that the opponent cannot heal
- Restrict Sidestep - 75% chance that the opponent cannot use the move Sidestep
- No Guard - 75% chance that the opponent cannot use dodge or shield
- No Escape - It is now converted to a restriction passive effect. 100% chance that the opponent cannot swap out.
- Pacify - 75% chance that the opponent cannot increase attack/crit chance
- If our creature restricts the effects of a move of the opposing creature, but the move does damage, then if the opponent chooses that move, the damage will be done but the effect will not activate. For eg - if our creature has No Guard, and the opponent uses evasive rampage, then we will receive the 2x damage, but the opponent will not be dodging.
- For limiting the power of these restrictions, there can be a resistance from restriction as a whole (like Resistance to Restriction - 75%). It will work the same way as resistance to swap prevention/resistance to stun.
- Restrictions may also affect passive moves. For eg, if our creature has Pacify, and the opponent has alert deception, then the alert deception will not increase the opponent’s attack
- Restrictions will bypass all other resistances (except the restriction resistance, of course). For example, No Escape will 100% swap prevent a creature immune/resistant to swap prevention.
- The RNG part of the restriction can be removed, like all restrictions will have a 100% chance to effect
- OR the restriction resistance part can be removed.
- I have not thought of any icon, so any art will be appreciated!
What are your thoughts?