Ludia Forums

Return of the Stegod and the birth of the resilient overkill

First of all the resilient attacks are way too overpowered and doesn’t really have any good counters. It gives flashbacks to when Cautious Strike appeared… It cleanses, reduces your speed and removes dodge, cloak AND speed increases… Ridiculous.

Stegod has this Resilient Strike instead of the old Cleansing Strike. Fair enough. Pretty annoying, but okay. On top of that it has Resilient Rampage. It’s so ridiculous that they made half the creatures in the game useless because of a multiplayer/raid function, while making a few creatures ridiculously strong. I’m not looking forward to when Erlidominus successfully cloaks and does triple damage…

I couldn’t agree more. It’s like cautious strike except its on like a third of the roster. Can’t distract. Dodge is dead. I get that dodge was strong before, and they’re going for the rock-paper-scissors thing, but this is overkill. It should either lose cleanse distract or replace them all with superiority strike, because this is overkill.

3 Likes

I don’t think Resilient is that bad… What is bad is that too many creatures got it… I think some should have kept the SS… Now evasion is close to useless, which I love btw… I’ve always been against this stupid mechanics… but it sucks to have creatures with useless moves on their moveset… Also, not too worried (or excited) about Erlido’s x3 since it already killed most things with Rampage x2… I think the real advantage is that it can now kill an opponent with x3 Speedup or Impact and save de Rampage for the next…

Completely agree with the destruction of creatures just to make them raid-useful… I noticed that as soon as I looked at creature updates… I mean, the raids are cool and all, but making a creature good only for that is extremely lame…

12 Likes

Going through and looking at some of the creatures such as Tourmoloch, I find many creatures are pretty much raid only creatures as this one is going to be great for heal ability but for regular PvP which I will try out with only a basic attack & heals, we’ll see how this one fairs.

1 Like

I feel like most dodging creatures were pretty well balanced around being able to dodge most of the time (except for the indoraptors and yoshi). The randomness was annoying, but it worked. And stuns have their own annoying randomness anyway. Plus there were ways to get through them, like nullify or precise, or playing into a creatures other weaknesses if they weren’t immune (which also got a huge nerf). Now with the sheer number of creatures with resilient attacks (many of them basic strikes that can be used every turn), there’s not really a point in trying to dodge anymore. And thus another chunk of the roster goes into the trash (speaking generally, of course). There’s a fine balance between designing an effective counter system and creating counterplay options against those counters, and Ludia just threw those options out the window when they designed Resilient attacks and gave them to so many dinos.

2 Likes

resilient moves are definitely on too many creatures. some have multiple. this effectively cuts dodge completely out of the picture. reducing the amount of creatures that have it would help a bit.

5 Likes

The problem is for example just making them too abundant like we not only have the resilient moves which on there own would be enough. We also have every version of superiority, decel, and decel shield being able to go thru cloak/dodge

4 Likes

Still think dodge mechanics sucks and always sucked… but agreed. A balance could exist… But Ludia seems to take everything to the extreme

-Let’s make Indo2 and Procerat strong!

And make them too freaking strong

-Oops, ok! Let’s fix that!

And nerf them into complete oblivion! (which is funny and deserving, lol… but I must say it’s wrong)

7 Likes

Some like tryko or dioraj I get there mixed with resilient creatures so it makes sense for them to have it especially with the nerfs each got in compisation(espically tryko). Others you just ask why didn’t they just keep superiority or just decel.

4 Likes

I have 5 creatures with resilient type abilities. There really isn’t a need for all of that. the ability in general is just too good to have on so many creatures. not all tanky dinos need to break through dodge and slow you down.

4 Likes

The problem is that there are way too many creatures with this ability. For some like dioraja and mammolania, it makes sense as they remove evasion. But then you have stegodeus, and trykosaurus, and tenontorex, and so on. It sucks because none of the speedsters are resistant to deceleration, which makes them all much weaker

3 Likes

Ya like for real to pu this in perspective

There as of now 23 uniques in the game

14 of them have resilient moves or dodge removeing/ bypassing moves… yet only 4 of them can dodge

That 14:4 difference. Literally just having tryko, dioraj, maxima, and maybe Gemini would be more than enough

They just need to cut back.

3 Likes

There’s allorap. that’s about it.

Alloraptor and mags. Erlidom should keep the slowing resistance and lose distraction

1 Like

personally i don’t think tryko needs resillient impact. the counter seems ok as it doesn’t cleanse distraction, but i may be putting personal bias on this.

3 Likes

What if they changed all resilient attacks so that they were precise instead of definite (i.e. ignoring dodge instead of removing it). Then at least the dofge would stay up against thier other moves, and for those with only the basic resilient strike they would be limited to 1x damage against dodge. The sheer number of these would probably still be a problem, but it’s a start.

5 Likes

Ya I guess but it’s also the only other full epic ingredients unique creature in the game besides nemys so I think it deserves that power. But again if constrictor had sidestep and say spxs and rhino lethal wound then we pull have some more counters to it.

2 Likes

Yeah i wish so many creatures haven’t lost their bleeding moves

4 Likes

That could work another thing is just make sure there are enough fierce creatures to counter those resilient ones. You know what is supposed to counter them.

2 Likes

For example make Thor faster than tryko by 1 again but immune to slow that way you have a sure counter that’s easy to access, and maybe give tento cunning instead of resilient since it’s made from dilophosaurus and make it 110 speed

That way you have the system is supposed to in place

3 Likes