If we compare Instant Invincibility (II) to Instant distraction (ID) and Instant charge (IC) , it’s remarkable that how II has a much lower power level, but having the longest cooldown among all of them (3 turns), as well as a 1 turn delay.
I want to bring this move up to the same level, as least at ID, because IC is just busted and IMO should be reworked. No move should have the same power level as IC.
I understand that some creatures possess both II and ID - Trykosaurus, Ankyntrosaurus and Dioraja. Hence I suggest 2 way to solve the problem.
- For the above 3 creatures, we keep the exact same move, but rename it to Instant Invulnerability.
- it’s really straight forward. Nothing will change for these 3 creatures except the name of the move. It is for the sake of distinguishing this move with the reworked (buffed) Instant Invincibility.
- For other creatures, II will be different as listed as follows :
i . II is no longer a 100% shield - that would be Instant Invulnerability as stated in point 1.
ii. Instead, it is now a self-buff which grants the creature :
- Invulnerable to direct damage for 1 turn.
- Cleanse, and Immunity for 1 turn (Ignore all debuff effects)
- No delay. Cooldown becomes 2 turns.
Furthermore, it possesses the following traits :
- As it is no longer a shield, the creature will not be harmed by Defense Shattering moves.
- As it is a self-buff, it can still be cancelled and damaged by Nulllifying moves.
- Definite moves will also cancel and deal normal damage.
Comparing to ID :
- The new II will be stronger versus self-buffs and cleanse moves, but weaker versus Nullify moves and Definite moves.
- Has the advantage of cleansing self and immunity, which ID does not provide.
- Has 1 turn more cooldown to ID to compensate.
Since I think IC is busted, I will not make a comparison for it. It still remain the strongest moves among them.
Besides, I think swap-in invincibility should also get this buff to make those creatures move relevant than being just a niche counter to specific creatures.
However, Long invincibility should not be changed and would be renamed as Long Invulnerability for obvious reasons.
I hope this change will make more creatures become stronger, while not making Trykosaurus, Ankyntrosaurus and Dioraja a pain to deal with.
If I missed some creatures which might be problematic for this change, please don’t hesitate to point out !