Ludia Forums

Rework of: Pterosaurs #1

Hello everyone!

Today I am bringing the first episode of “Rework of” (An improved version of “Your Version of”) where I bring a family of dinosaurs and make a version of how it could be and / or just for fun. You can make your own versions, argue about the family in general and vote!

For this episode I will bring the family of Pterosaurs!

SUPER HYBRIDS

Stygidaryx

My Version:

I believe it is fine, although an increase in health would be welcome.

Pterovexus

My Version:

I believe its balanced.

HYBRIDS

Alankylosaurus

My Version:

Is balanced, but having fewer creatures with resilient abilities wouldn’t be bad.

Darwezopteryx

My Version:

Is balanced, but having fewer creatures with resilient abilities wouldn’t be bad.

Koolabourgiana

My Version:

Pteraquetzal

My Version

Is balanced.

Dimodactylus

My Version:

I like the change @Dimodactylus has had recently. Just need a good hybrid!

CREATURES

Alanqa

My version:

Pteranodon

My version:

Is balanced

Darwinopterus

My Version:

Is balanced.

Arambourgiana

My Version:

Quetzalcoatlus

My Version:

Dsungaripteus

My Version:

Need some changes … Would Ferocious Impact be enough?

Tupandactylus

My Version:

Need some changes … Would Persistent Ferocious Strike be enough?

Scaphognathus

My Version:

Is balanced.

Hatzegopteryx

My Version:

If were forced to stay in the fight, would be forced to use only your Strike (x1)? Perhaps an Impact Precise would help!

Dimorphodon

My Version:

I think its okay…

• All Pterosaurs need a buff
  • All Pterosaurs are fine
  • All Pterosaurs need a nerf
  • All Pterosaurs need a rework
  • Some Pterosaurus need to change …

0 voters

• Just Little Pterosaurs need to change
  • Just Medium Pterosaurs need to change
  • Just Big Pterosaurs need to change
  • Just Hybrids need to change
  • Just Super Hybrids need to change

0 voters

Tell which Pterosaurs specifically need to change and why. Thanks for reading!

Apps and Sites I used to make this episode: JWA Field Guide and JWA Toolbox

3 Likes

Pterosaurs need to be better, end of story. They have too strong of a legacy to be this bad.

7 Likes

You’re right. Some like Dsunga need to improve!

How long did this take you to make?

1 Like

I think pterosaurs were brought in to be support options for a team but they don’t work well for that. Even Alanqa and Alankylosaurus only role was to be a counter for Indominus Rex.

I don’t know how you could realistically upgrade them without taking that away and stepping on the toes on other creatures.

1 Like

Between 2 to 3 hours. It took work, I admit.

1 Like

I think now that we have raids and classes; pterosaurs as a whole need a once over.

Small ones: Cunning/Fierce (Distract+Bleed)
Medium: Fierce (Glass Cannon Revenge Killers)
Large: Cunning/Resilient (Bulky Nullifiers)

Small ones need a touch of distraction and they’d be pretty solid

Medium ones don’t really work well as counterattackers. They don’t have any bulk and can be slowed easily, and then they’re dead with no impact. I think they should be fierce hitters with &Run moves so they can be in and out as good revenge killers. Maybe throw some Revenge moves on them to really stick the role.

Large pterosaurs in particular aren’t really very good at all besides Alanqa (occasionally in tournaments) because they are supposed to be swap in tanks, but it doesn’t really work well in practice. I think they should get a new move called Gust that is an AoE Nullify (for raids) and maybe an additional effect as well.

Small and Med pteros should probably be 100% resistant to pinning, and at least 50-75% resistant to decel.

Just some small ideas. Hate how they’ve really been left behind without much to offer. I don’t think we’ve even gotten a new nonhybrid pterosaur in at least a year.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed your rework. I agree that they must have an important and differentiated role. I never liked Pterosaurs and I hope to use one of them someday.

1 Like

oooooorrrr…hear me out…make gen 2s and more pterosaurs
PTERODACTYLUS: common, yet NOT IN THE GAME!!!

We don’t need more gen 2’s when there are plenty untapped creatures yet to be added.

1 Like