Reworking every creature in the game

So, I have some free time on my hands and I want to try something, reworking every creature in the game so that they are balanced, starting off with Apexes. It’s a hard task, but I am willing to do it, when I am free. More options will come soon.

Mortem Rex

• Needs a desperate nerf
  • Needs a minor nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a minor buff
  • Needs a desperate

0 voters

Ceramagnus

• Needs a desperate nerf
  • Needs a minor nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a minor buff
  • Needs a desperate

0 voters

Gorgotrebax

• Needs a desperate nerf
  • Needs a minor nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a minor buff
  • Needs a desperate

0 voters

Hadros Lux

• Needs a desperate nerf
  • Needs a minor nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a minor buff
  • Needs a desperate

0 voters

Refrenantem

• Needs a desperate nerf
  • Needs a minor nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a minor buff
  • Needs a desperate

0 voters

I’m actually reworking every creature as well. So far I’ve reworked every common and rare, and I’m working on epic hybrids. I hope this project goes well for you!

1 Like

Yo Refrenatem need buff??

1 Like

Yes, ref needs a slight buff. Revenge Cunning Rampage, followed by a resistance buff

1 Like

Currently some of the worst resistances on any Apex. 10/10 would go Gorgo over Ref. Gorgo has better damage, with a better moveset for Anti Fierce and can even tackle most Cunning and a few resilents, or get a good chunk off of most. Ref… doesnt do that. He has a good anti Fierce match up, but thats it. He still falters due to lower health and way worse resistances. King of Distraction, still aint Immune to it. Diplovenator is a better distractor than Ref. Also Ref could get Venomous Counter for Alert Counter Deception, its already in game and way better.

5 Likes

Results are in! I will do my own reworks of all dinosaurs at a separate time, but for now, I will rework the necessary ones. Mortem Rex is balanced for the most part, with 51% of people voting for balanced. Ceramagnus is also pretty balanced, with 66% of voters saying it’s balanced, with Hadros Lux close as well, 68%. Gorgotrebax is neck and neck, with 49% of people saying it’s balanced and 43% of people saying it needs a minor buff. Needs some thinking, so please, voters give your reasoning. Finally, Refrenantem needs a minor buff, with 58% of people agreeing so. Refrenantem it is! As I said before, while I’m working on a Refrenantem buff, please give your reasons to give Gorgotrebax a minor buff or keep it the way it is.

1 Like

I don’t see why you would want to buff Trebax when it’s already the strongest Apex around :man_shrugging:

With boosts and two of its four attacks it circumvents its weakness of low Speed, while still tanking hits and dishing out good damage due to its base stats. Its Resistances are also amazing and are what every Cunning creature could dream of aside from no Decel and Vuln resistance, which I don’t think it should have anyway, because those keep it in check. No Apex needs/should be busted, so I see no reason to change Trebax into something uncounterable/difficult to counter. It should stay as it is.

Gorgotrebax is good for an apex, now being one of the best, but it’s not the best when comparing it to the dominant uniques. Bringing speed to about about 116-120 is a request by many, but I would personally like On Escape Camoflauge to deal with those pesky Phorurex and Ceramagnus

Speed boosts and the speed increases from Cautious Impact and Group Accelerate Cunning Strike already circumvent the speed issue so I see no reason to increase speed. With Apexes you can always take boosts into accounts since there is no unboosted environment they will be used in. On Escape Camouflage against swappers would make Trebax too good imo, since that not only removes the aspect of you being able to swap in on it safely, something which I feel should be possible against Trebax due to its extremely high 1v1 damage potential. And Trebax shouldn’t necessarily be able to deal with everything either. If it gets defeated by Phorurex and Ceramagnus, so be it. Then those are its counters. You shouldn’t be wanting to remove those counters because that will break a creature. A creature IMO should always have a variety of counters available, and if swapping into Trebax is a method of countering it, then that should be kept that way, not removed with an OE ability

Animation shouldn’t determine stats imo. Every creature is different and animations should not immediately mean that a creature should have certain stats. Otherwise you’ll just have a bunch of the same creatures but with different moves.

I mean, with Acrocanthops it kinda needs a size increase, combining one of the largest land predators to ever exist and a gorgonopsid just to be the same size as the gorgonopsid parent is a little strange. But the animations should (and don’t) have an effect on the type of moves and stats, just how the animation works when the move is selected. Indom and Spino share the same rig, do you really want them to be similar? I mean we have the same cat rig for Marsupial Lion and Smilodon, really want to change that?

Well the model is similar, and with Indom and Spino they share the same in game rig. It doesn’t make sense for a certain move to only be on certain rigs in this game. I mean Tyrannolophosaur has 2 distracting moves and it has a Trex Rig. Alloraptor has Rending Takedown. Carnotarkus, a Stegosaur, can Distract, Bypass Armor, and Break Shields.

I was trying to make an opening with Acro being larger, but while they do, Gorgonops, Insotran, and Arctops are Gorgonopsids, not hybrids with Gorgonopsid Dna.

Oh I thought you were talking about moves going to certain creatures due to their rig. I could see Gorgo getting a tiny speed increase, at most 116. Though it doesn’t need it.

Gorgotrebax is a different size. Its much larger than normal Gorgonopsid rigs. Which means they can change them.

Well with JWTG, they have changed the rigs. I mean they did it by porting over JWA creatures instead, but still. Now Hadrosaurs have a new rig and so do Sauropods. Plus there has been a lot of complaints about the Indot rig, and im fairly certain its more than what is usually seen for JWTG.

You have impressed me @Bart_H, so be it, Gorgotrebax will be considered balanced! Also here is my rework for Refrenantem! I originally wanted to just change its resistances but that would be kinda lazy of me, so here it is. Is it too much? What do you think?

Looks good! One thing though, distract and do resist to 100% as well would be nice