Ludia Forums

Rex doesn't need a buff

It’s been several times that i see like rex in need of a buff etc but not at all! First of all it’s a very good dino with a lot of HP and a very big attack just at level 11. Secondly the rex is very very useful for big players why? Because it is one of the ingredients that is used to have tryko so no it is no less useful than acro or allo gen 2 their hybrids are good legendary but not worth tryko at all Third a resistance buff will make him too powerful 100% at speed and he’s a beast like stun and swap prevention so no he is very good like that

3 Likes

A small hp buff would be nice, 4650

3 Likes

I agree. It does not need a buff because I’ve encountered level 30 and they do around two thousand or three thousand attack when boosted. A speed buff to 103 would be best IMO.

1 Like

In a non-boosted setting, rex objectively underperforms when compared to the other two chompers in her class: AlloG2 and Acro. I haven’t run the sims myself, but she loses to a vast majority of the epics because of 1) her lacklustre speed and 2) her lack of resistances. I’m not saying she needs a massive buff or even any resistances, but bump up her health to 4650 or 4800 and she still wouldn’t be broken. The problem is that, after so many updates and new mechanics, power creep disproportionately affects OG creatures that were designed without these new mechanics in mind.

2 Likes

I have rex at level 30 and it’s probably my lowest priority to boost for advantage because there are other epics that are just much more useful all around. Seco, brachi, bary, diplod, whino, smilo will all get boosts before rex. Four of these have the key resistances - either decel or stun (seco and brachi have both).

1 Like

Just an immunity to stun will be good.