Sad spreadsheets (you are secretly proud of)

:slight_smile:

11 Likes

@PQC Nice! This would be even better if you color coded health/damage/speed individually with different colors instead of all green, would make it more appealing visually and easier to identify at which stage each boost is :grin:

1 Like

She is pretty with her green dress on, Sir Paul! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You just out nerded me - I like the suggestion :slight_smile:
Or I might use green if its tiers 1-3, orange if its tiers 4-6, red after that … not that I expect to have any tier 7s any time soon

2 Likes

DNA donation tracker! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good Idea :slight_smile:

Heh… funny you should post this, as I just finished v1.0 last night. It’s a tracking and projection tool centered around boosts, with all calculations fully automated. Allows the user to get a full picture of the impact of available boosts on his/her current team and a bench of reserves. Also allows the user to project n= days into the future, and show the same scenarios if you collect daily boosts and boosts from the rotating Wednesday strike calendar. Finally, it incorporates on-hand DNA and hybrid ingredient DNA to show the potential leveled-up value for both team and bench. All the user needs to do is input the yellow highlighted cells, which are limited to on-hand boosts, dino name (for team, bench, and ingredients), dino level, boost tiers per dino, and DNA on hand. The spreadsheet calculates dino stats automatically from there, including base stats at level, boosted stats, and stats as-if boosted based on your available inventory today and a projection period, if desired. The rest of the input data pulls from lookup tables, making it easy to incorporate new hybrids and ingredient dinos, as well as periodic adjustments to base stats.

7 Likes

M.O.B … Mind … Officially … Blown :exploding_head:

Tucks mine away in a drawer in embarassment

3 Likes

Haha, yeah, I get it. I spent WAY too much time on it, but it was an exercise I wanted to push, because calculating the boost potential requires rolling cumulative totals (boost costs) based on a dynamic range (changes based on your tier), where the range start is dictated by a variable (your current tier for each dino), and the range end is dictated by the sum that’s also dictated by a variable (your inventory). I’ve wanted to build rolling cumulative sum dynamic ranges with conditionals (LOL) for a long time, so I used this sheet to push me to figure it out. The heavy lift formula I created - after a bunch of QC - will be very, very, very useful for me in other things… productive things… non-RNG things. Heh.

Here’s a screencap of the lookup tables; those color shadings are dynamic as well:
45%20AM

Screencap of the same tables as my first post, with this one incorporating forecasted boost inventory 22 days from yesterday. Green color shading is dynamic; meant to indicate outliers in each category:

2 Likes

Impressive! I’ll bear you in mind if a client needs a spreadsheet guru :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, S$@#%, my clients… BRB : P

Thanks!

1 Like

These remind me of how things look on my side of the screen, minus the forums pages that is.

4 Likes

So mathy (although mostly just arithmetic). If this is your usual screen, you’ll appreciate that the formulas in the Boost Potential columns in my first screencap are, without question, the most complicated and difficult I’ve ever created.

1 Like

I do not envy you. How may scripts (commands?) did that take to do, my guess min of 3 in excel

No VBA; just addressing and conditionals plus operators in a formula. Wanted to do it non-VBA. And, how many? 24 ranges, 10 indexing lookups, 10 match commands, 5 row directions, 5 addressing functions, 5 column directions, 4 indirect reference ranges, 3 countifs, 1 maximum, 1 sum, and 12 standard mathematical operators. Deepest nested function is 7 layers… I think. Ends up being 725 characters in total.

WOW. That’s intense dude.

4 Likes

It was 50% a challenge to build something I can really use, and 50% climbing the mountain “because it was there.”

5 Likes

Wow. I wish I could do 30% of what u did. Then I won’t need someone to do it for me. Anyways nice work .

1 Like

Wow looks like a fun thread…glad I’m not the only one…lol…here is what I can shove into one page of view

5 Likes

< zoom> < enhance>. Very interesting… and LOL, glad I’m not the only one as well. Can you describe what yours does?