Ludia Forums

Sarcorixis VS Grypolyth (JWA Battles #14)

Welcome back to JWA Battles, the game where we make the hybrids of JWA fight, and we choose a winner based on size, speed, strength, and weaponry. Gee, I need to get back on track with this.

Anyway, last time, in a battle between raptors, Alloraptor came out on top after Pyritator’s early loss and a long struggle with Utahsinoraptor! Don’t worry, I did an alternate ending.

Anyway, this time, we have a battle between two crocodilian superhybrids made from two crocodilians and a dinosaur! Cool, right? Sarcorxis, the crowned crocodile, and Grypolyth, “Master Croc.” Let’s get this underway!

Sarcorixis:
Height: 8 Ft
Length: 31 FT
Weight: 4 Tons
Bite Force: 4.5
Speed: 18 MPH On Land, 25 MPH in water
Weapons: Teeth
Advantages: Faster, better swimmer and underwater fighter, slightly stronger bite
Disadvantages: Slightly smaller, less armor
Sarcorixis is a hybrid of Einiasuchus, a hybrid of Nundasuchus and Einiosaurus, and Sarcosuchus, the Super-Croc. Being made of tanky, fast, and strong creatures makes for a pretty strong superhybrid. Sarcorixis can bite down almost as hard as its parent Sarcosuchus, take just as much, if not even more damage, as Einiosaurus, and is not too far behind Nundasuchus in speed. In this case, we assumed Nundasuchus could travel 25 MPH, with Sarcorixis traveling 18 MPH. Its bite force is 2.5 Tons compared to its parents 4 tons, which isn’t far off considering large prehistoric predators. Sarcorixis is still slow and weak compared to some theropod hybrids, but gets even more dangerous in water. It can move about the same as Nundasuchus can on land, and has even more mobility there. Overall, Sarcorixis may be fairly powerful as a land predator, but is a beast in water.

Grypolyth:
Height: 11 Ft
Length: 37 Ft
Weight: 5 Tons
Bite Force: 3.5
Speed: 10 MPH on land, 15 MPH in water
Weapons: Teeth
Advantages: Slightly larger, better armor
Disadvantages: Slower in either terrain, most likely loses on land, worse in water, weaker bite although not by much
Fused from Purrolyth, a fusion of Purussaurus and Lynthronax, and Gryposuchus. These genonmes suggest that Grypolyth is more of a powerhouse than a speedy water fighter, even shown in-game. Assuming Gryposuchus had a 5 ton bite force and with Lynthronax’s and Purussaurus’ bite forces being known, we came up with a 4.5 Bite Force. It clocks at not even 10 MPH on land, but 15 MPH in water, where it is even stronger suited. It is plenty durable too, thanks to the tough scales on both its crocodilian parents. Overall, Grypolyth is strong and durable, but slow, and even one of the slower creatures in water.

Fight:
Sarcorixis was munching on a defeated Spinonyx (anchestory rivalry for ya) Grypolyth then emerges from the water in entry animation style. Sarcorixis hisses at Master Croc, who hisses back. Sarcorixis runs towards the new enemy, who retreats into the river, with Sarco following. Grypo locks jaws on Sarco’s back, who tail whips Grypo and swims further down. Recovering , Grypo swims after before getting bit down on, and Sarco swims down to slam Grypo into the ground. Master Croc breaks free and whips Sarco downward before making an attempt to return to the surface for air, but Sarco holds on Grypo’s tail, knowing he could last longer underwater. Master Croc shakes the Armored Super Croc before finally reaching the surface. Sarco bites down on Grypo again, not allowing escape. Grypo whips Sarco, breaking the Armored Crocodile from his grip. Grypo bites Sarco in the neck this time, and swims downwards.Sarco attempts to hurt Grypo with his tail, but does no good. Grypo lets go and whips Sarco downwards. Sarco lands, and tries to swim back up but not before getting his neck bitten on again, this time cracking it and ending him. Grypo returns to shore to eat the Spinonyx, but notes a flock of Pterovexus are already enjoying the feast, altough they take a look at the Master Croc. Grypo nopes out and returns to sea, and the Vexus’ return to their supper.

Verdict:
Gee whiz, an enitrely different flavor or battle! Finding the winner wasn’t easy. Both crocodiles were immensily powerful and durable and the battle could easily result in the other’s victory. However, the battle leaned moreso to Grypo’s victory for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it was larger. Sarcosuchus may be a giant croc, but Purussaurus and Gryposuchus both rival it in size and Lyntrhonax easily outsizes Nundasuchus and is on par with Einiosaurus. Second, Grypo was tougher. Two tough crocodiles are better than one and light ceratopsian armor. However, Sarocorixis was better suited for water fight and could last longer, and even had a slightly stronger bite, giving it a chance way bigger than you’d expect. However, Grypolyth’s sheer size and close power proved to be too much for the Armored Crocodile, making the winner of this battle Grypolyth!

Winner!

Next Time: A rematch between superhybrid form takes place, despite the fact the goal wasn’t reached.

Megalosuchus VS Tryostronix

6 Likes

Those lengths and weights look way off. 16 feet is about the size of a standard gator, which rarely gets over 1000 pounds

3 Likes

Hey, you’re talking about the same series that said a Spinotahsuchus was 8 FT tall. I get the sizes of the creatures wrong a LOT.

Yes I knew he would win and after all he has lytronyx DNA so he would have a strong bite force

2 Likes

In reality it will fair
But in game it not fair :joy: ( because boost)

I would also call that bite force into question since the jaw is considerably better suited for catching fish, not tearing apart larger, terrestrial prey.

For reference, the modern gharial has a maximum bite force of 2,000 psi (1 ton), while the Nile and Saltwater crocodiles have around 3,700 - 5,000 psi (1.7 to 2.1 tons).

And considering that Sarcosuchus probably fed on the larger dinosaurs…

2 Likes

if you look at the shape of their jaws, you can clearly see that rixis has the superior bite force. The wide jound jaw suggests that rixis is used to feeding on large dinos. Grypo on the other hand has little needle teeth that were better suited for ctahing fish. I wwould say rixis would win due to the better armour and the armour crushing bite

5 Likes

I was wondering “Where would grypo really get a hold or sarco anyways?” Sarco just looks too armored for grypo

I still think that, even with your calc Grypolyth would still have the stronger bite force, I suggested Purrolyth should have a 4.5 Bite Force (Purussaurus was actually on par with Sarcosuchus), and from your calc Grypo should have a roughly 3-3.5 ton bite force.

But a skull like that couldn’t handle that force. It would basically break. It wouldn’t be able to handle that stress. It’s pretty much impossible

1 Like

Sarcorixis in-game looks way armored but IRL, it actually has a good supporter for armor and an average one, Sarco and Einiosaurus. Nunda and Lynt provides no armor, and I actually believe that two crocodiles rivaling Sarcosuchus provide more armor than Sarcosuchus itself and a low-tier ceratopsian. But to answer would Grypo get ahold, yes in the right places, but outside of that no, but hey, I had an Erlikospyx bite a Thyla’s head and Quetzorion survive getting impaled for longer than it should once.

But a skull like grypo’s wouldn’t be able to bite through armor like an alligator’s. It has the skull of a gharial, and gharials have weak bite forces. If you were to double that bite force to match gryposuchus, it wouldn’t be able to pierce any armor. Many dog breeds have stronger bites. It would be less than a lion, which has difficulty piercing the hides of elephants and rhinos

3 Likes

IRL sarco should win due to the better armor, bite force (look at the skull) . This is basically like Nile croc vs Gharial croc.

Its bite comes from Purussaurus mostly, yes the grip wouldn’t be that firm for on a crocodile, but its bite force is actually a lot stronger than it seems. Rixis ctually doesn’t have many supporters for its own bite besides Sarco, whose bite is a strong one, but so is Purussaurus’.

It doesn’t matter what it comes from. The shape of the skull wouldn’t handle it, and it would break under the stress

4 Likes

I just went with the idea that a lot of the hybrids can pull physically impossible tasks. JWTG’s Tapejalocephalus can fly from the game’s facts about it. Realistically, it shouldn’t be able to because of the weight, even low-flying should be impossible, but somehow proceeds to fly as if it was a normal pterosaur. I don’t know if the same logic should apply to Grypo, but there is a possibility. Otherwise, it should have the low, realistic range of 2.5 Tons or the high but impossible range of 3.5, in which case it would still win, since it would come down to better fighter vs better armor, considering their close weights and bites.

1 Like

It’s a fun idea, don’t get me wrong.

But as others have said, even with it’s genetic ancestry, it’s design means somewhere along the line, it evolved a relatively weaker jaw as it began to fill in an ecological niche, in this case catching fish. It almost certainly would have a bite force more powerful than modern crocodilians, and would probably give Sarcoxisis a run for it’s money in that department, but it would still have a weaker bite than Sarcoxisis.

If anything, I imagine that in this hypothetical scenario, Grypolyth would win with it’s more powerful tail slaps causing severe internal injuries in Sarcoxisis, on account of Grypo’s greater mass.

Edit: Also, Tapejalocephalus’ ability to fly isn’t a total impossibility. Quetzacoatlus and Hatzegopteryx, after all, were as big as giraffes and they could do it. It would all probably/theoretically depend on having a significantly lighter skeleton than pterosaurs usually evolve, a far more varied diet to make up for the higher energy consumption it would have in keeping itself aloft, and it’s overall size.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how grip would’ve came out victourious, first of sarcorixis would of been about 42 ft cause that’s the size of a normal sarcosuchus and grypo would have been pretty weak.

Gryposuchus was actually pretty close in size to Sarcosuchus

whoops I meant its bite, cause grypo would have been more like a giant gharial. its basically a saltwater croc vrs a gharial.