Ludia Forums

Sauropod thagomizer

Umm. Sauropods don’t have thagomizers. It doesn’t make sense that that’s the move’s name.

3 Likes

Yeah this bugs me too. If they were going to name a universal decelerating move (which is a good idea in itself, easier to keep track of), they shouldn’t have named it after something that only stegosaurids had.

2 Likes

There is the belief that sauropods used their tails like whips to keep predators away. I imagine it is to represent that.

Probably should have made a new move maybe. Thagomizer Sauropods are an odd thought

Well, yes. However they definitely didn’t have thagomizers. Calling it “tail whip” would have been more, yet not completely universal.

2 Likes

Yeah the consensus is that they probably did do this, but a thagomizer is the spiked structure at the end of a stegosaurs tail (actually derived from a word made up in a far side comic to describe this structure). So unless apatosaurus is walking around with giant tail spikes, its not a thagomizer.

I agree. I’m just throwing out an idea why it may have been added. Better to use an existing ability than make an identical one with a different name. :sauropod:

What happened to the other 3? Decel Moves, Long Decel Moves, and Slowing Moves? Why not just use those existing in-game moves already? Man, I will never get how Ludia thinks

1 Like

Yeah I also agree that they should have used an existing move (as they did). But there were so many moves to choose from! They even had a “decelerating” and “slowing” impact, with the difference being how long the target was slowed down. I guess they might have chosen thagomizer to save space or something, but I would have preferred universal decelerating ____ moves, with strike/impact/rampage to show how much damage they do. Ludia confuses me too sometimes, especially with some of the decisions they made this update.

3 Likes