Ludia Forums

Schedule for the Week - May 20-26

Geosaurus unlock for those who need her. Woolly Mammoth Cenozoic tournament and Aquatic Boss events next weekend. I don’t like them and historically the community doesn’t do well with multiple big events running concurrently. Guess we’ll see what happens. Rules on the tournament say 11+. The obvious interpretation is that creatures must be level 11 or better to use them. We shall see.

7 Likes

And the tournament is Cenozoic creatures as well.

Curious to see what Aquatic boss it will be, repeat or new, I am hoping for the later.

2 Likes

The community failed to unlock Kraken last time and I wasn’t playing the time before that. So, I’m good with whatever. Since we failed on Kraken, he kind of represents one of those “one that got away” along with Eyrops.

1 Like

They did promise a new Boss in May and we’re running out of May…

2 Likes

I would agree…but at the same time I’d love to have ur stash of tournament trophies as well!!

Well dang it, I sure would love a shot at Woolly Mammoth, but restricting it to level 11+ is a real kick in the pants for newer players like myself. Some of my best cenos are only level 10. Sigh. I do at least have some options to fill the gaps but will mean spending a good chunk of DNA without any discount… decisions, decisions.

I’m not surprised the community wouldn’t do as well with an aquatic boss. My aquatics are nowhere close to the level of my land dinos so I’ll much more quickly get to the point where the grind is just too brutally slow to continue.

2 Likes

The last time we had an aquatic boss (Kraken in March), it was paired with a tournament (Jurassic, Ceratosaurus). This is a holiday weekend in the States, so maybe that will help

1 Like

Just guessing on the rules. Could be something else

1 Like

Ouch! Those rules hurt! All my best cenos are level 10 (tournaments and VIPs) so i’m pretty much out already as leveling up my only unlocked tourney ceno (Gigantophis) will cost a fortune and i need the DNA elesewhere. Why Mr.Mammoth? Why?

3 Likes

That’s what I thought when I saw the 11+ too, not sure what else it could mean. I’m certainly going to assume that’s what it means and get a couple things leveled up that I hadn’t gotten to yet, maybe they’ll make the difference, but if not, no harm done.

2 Likes

The Cenozoic packs should start showing up in the store soon. That Level 11+ requirement may well be meant to get players to spend money on packs and speed-ups to get Cenozoic creatures above level 10.

For those considering whether Woolly Mammoth is worth it or not, it’s got gobs of health, which is rarer in the upper-level snow creatures (Thylacosmilus and Marsupial Lion are both snow glass cannons). Attack is decent on Woolly Mammoth, but a snow meat shield is its main use (at least for me).

1 Like

The Woolly Mammoth is a great addition to anyone’s Cenozoic line up. It is the strongest non Hybrid Cenozoic, I think even topping the VIP creatures if I remember correctly, if it isn’t stronger is for sure on par.

3 Likes

At level 20, Thylacosmilus has higher ferocity, but you can’t lead off with her. At the same level, nothing besides Thylacosmilus and Mammotherium (which hybridizes off of Woolly Mammoth) come close on the Cenozoic end.

2 Likes

For me it means my Mammoth and Titanaboa that I received for being such a fabulous player wont be eligible since they aren’t unlocked in my market and are only level 10. Keeping us honest if we win with luck and not with vigor and valor!!

2 Likes

AND…they didn’t even put a teaser on the schedule about the Jurassic Park movie marathon next Monday on the National Geographic channel (check your listings for times). Maybe it will be on next weeks post!!

2 Likes

I calculated the Ferocity on the woolly and thyla and they are almost identical on the ferocity scale at every level and I mean within 1 point.
Level 20 W: 4,442.1 T: 4,443.2
Level 30 W: 6,770.5 T: 6,770.3
Level 40 W: 9,578.9 T: 9,579.1

And yes the Mammotherium is OP past level 10 and will start to create havoc on your battle match ups.
Level 10 M: 6,330.6
Level 20 M: 10,843.5
Level 30 M: 16,528.6
Level 40 M: 23,387.0

The level 40 T and W are the next closest on the Ferocity scale available in the Cenozoic series.

2 Likes

@Andy_wan_kenobi
Did I forget to tell you that I sold a lvl 30 Mammotherium too because my Cenezoic battles became unplayable after evolving it.
Since it is way beyond the next creature in line I don’t think that you can ever risk to have one higher than level 20. I kept a lvl 20, the battles are still very tough, but possible.

2 Likes

My scaling graph is stupidly lopsided when you chart the top 26 Cenozoic possible creatures. It only sort of makes sense when you look at slot 3-26. I will try to get it posted later tonight it visually shows the absurdity of the level 30 and 40 Mammotherieum. When compared to the rest of the Cenozoic creatures. It’s the equivalent of having a level 40 Yudon be the top and then having 4th place be a level 20 Cerazinosaurus and having no creatures in between.

2 Likes

Looks like it will be a new Aquatic boss. First new boss in quite some time.

I am going to assume reef but we shall see.

2 Likes

Never did the math, so I had no idea they were that close. I just knew how they appeared in my lineup