Ludia Forums

[Scheduled Maintenance] Jurassic World Alive | June 25, 2019

Hello fellow DPG members,

STATUS UPDATE

Update 1.8 is now ALIVE, both on iOS and Android!
Thank you all for your patience!

In preparation of Update 1.8, we are expecting to go into maintenance break on next Tuesday (06/25/19) morning at approximately 8:30 AM (EDT). During this time the game will be unavailable for play.

Make sure to follow us on Twitter and the Forum for any status updates!

Thank you for your cooperation.

64 Likes

Hopefully it works on Android unlike last update

29 Likes

Yes can you please push the update to people earlier then activate it when you want it out.

2 Likes

so fast? i was expecting 2 weeks. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Edit: I am very excited for some new hybrids though! Looking forward also to using Invincibility Emu again! Sure the dodge mechanics were changed but with its health back I can boost it to be viable again, me and my son LOVE IT!

16 Likes

I dont understand why u all start liking this already…lol… remember the last maintenance windows. Better to like if it actually goes in in a timely manner and works.

But I see the are starting even earlier 8:30 am est. Maybe so they dont have to pay as much overtime when they are still trying to implement it 12 hours later.

5 Likes

Its more excitement for new creatures then prematurely “liking” the update.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why you dislike it :smirk:

1 Like

And their rolling it out with known issues according to the notes. What kind of company gives you something new with known issues in it? How about trying to make it 100 percent before rolling it out. You have had months.

9 Likes

Not saying I dislike. But there are lots of things that were asked for that havent been added and even known issues that havent been addressed and are being included in it. So they know there is still problems before they even roll it out. Hiw about making sure it works 100 percent before rolling it out. It seems like they just rush these releases out even when not working properly to keep people interested in the game.

8 Likes

The fact that they acknowledge the existence of the known issues is actually a nice way to show they are trying to be transparent, im sure they will fix them.

Also nothing in this world is perfect, we can only strive to get as close as possible.

Let me quote Lego Movie 2 for a second -

“Everything’s not awesome
Things can’t be awesome all of the time
It’s an unrealistic expectation
But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try
To make everything awesome
In a less idealistic kind of way
We should maybe aim for not bad
'Cause not bad, well that would be real great”

28 Likes

Not really being transparent. Some of these issues were a result of 1.7 rollout. They were reported the same day and still not fixed. So sorry I dont have much faith in them fixing them or there rollout.

I know nothing is perfect. But to know there is still problems and still go ahead with a rollout is crazy. Its different then not expecting any problems and one unexpected one pops up. But to know there is an issue and still go ahead makes no sense to me. Would a phone company sell you a phone and tell you there are still known issues they are working on? Or a car company or any other game or product? No they would push back the release date until it works 100 percent.

4 Likes

Normally other companies just roll out the product anyway and deal with issues as they crop up, unless its something that is glaringly obvious or super dangerous.

1 Like

Actually the movie “Fight Club” touches on that subject, where they mention that they calculate the cost of settling out of court and the frequency of it occurring. If the cost of the recall is more than total settlements “We don’t do one”.

6 Likes

Well I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens Tuesday. We should have a poll on how many posts there will be on dont they test this stuff or run it in beta before releasing it…lol

I k ow other companies deal with the issues when the pop up. Those are unexpected. This is different. They already know there is issues and are just listing them as issues rather then fixing them.

2 Likes

I’ll crack open this old gem:

Anything is better than what we have now!

Lego movie 2 is one of my favorite movies. Glad someone’s quoting it.

4 Likes

I’m so excited