Scorpius Rex Gen 3 is way too overpowered!

Since the launch of 2.8, JWA got a new unique hybrid which combines common Mono G2, rare Carnotaurus and rare Gorgosaurus DNA, they forms the unique Scorpius Rex G3 (SR3).

Now that the patch 2.9 are out, many players have created and maxed it up to level 30, we start to see it’s like a tumor spreading in everywhere of the battleground, with its relatively high damage, crazy moves set and too many resistance, it is being abused in the PVP and tournament by most players, when it arrives the battle, it can kills one and a half dinos of the opponent team, consider its components are so easy to collect in wild, it is comparatively too overpowered.

It’s suggested that it should be nerfed in 3 ways.

1. Reduce its damage from 1350 to around 1100, while the critical chance is acceptable.
  2. Nerf “Toxic Quills” to 66% chance to stun lasting 1 turn and DoT 0.2x for 3 turns. Also, add a delay of 1 turn to it.
  3. Change its damage resistance from 50% to 25%, speed decrease resistance from 100% to 75%.

Comment below if anyone agrees it.

7 Likes

It’s worth it’s powerful.

8 Likes

I agree with adding a delay to that devestating ability but maybe not all the nerfs you suggested they might be a bit too much if all used

7 Likes

I disagree add 1 delay to Toxic quills, but but neft Stun chance to 66% :v:

2 Likes

Toxic Quills already has a 3 turn Cooldown 🤦🏻‍♀

Magna hard counters it and it has many other counters as well. It’s also one of the few creatures that hard counters the ones that are completely reliant on spam swapping.

Its fine as it is.

41 Likes

Do we need a SR3 raid btw?

2 Likes

Here we go again…, C’mon we just got a viable bleeder and you guys wants to destroy it ?? Use Magna, spyx and soon rinex will able to counter it.

40 Likes

I mean… SR3 exactly good and perfectly powerful right?

Anything that can shut down a CeRAT or DracoRATS is perfectly fine in my book.

I don’t think it can shut down a MonoRAT though.

3 Likes

Why you strong the “Rat”?

1 Like

What?

Letters

So you want it with TWO abilities with a delay?

2 Likes

Scorp is strong but not OP, yeah some match ups are one sided but that’s same for most match ups in this game 3 examples
Thor vs poukan - thor doesn’t stand a chance
Grypo vs dioraja - dioraja doesn’t stand a chance
Erlidom vs quetza - erlidom doesn’t stand a chance.

If you did add delay on toxic quills then it would need a rampage move turn 1 maybe pounce since it does kind of jump in the air to make up for the delay nerf.

13 Likes

The rampage it has is fine IMO.

4 Likes

Yeah but cunning rampage has a delay.
Pounce doesn’t have a delay.
Feel like if toxic quills got a delay then it would need the 2X to not have a delay.
But overall I don’t think it needs changing.

3 Likes

Magna, spyx and monorhino counter and it is a viable bleeder like @Ozora_Nadhif said. There aren’t many good bleeders.

6 Likes

I don’t think pounce would fit it honestly. The likelyhood that you’ll get to use Toxic Quills twice in one match is extremely unlikely. There are plenty of creatures resistant to either the stunning effects, the bleed, or both that it has enough counters to not be broken.

6 Likes

I say “disagree” :no_mouth:

1 Like

Pounce was just a random 2X move that I picked what was cunning related :joy: I don’t want scorp nerfed at all I need him to counter dio and tryko on my team, can’t rely on my mortem getting that 40% crit

2 Likes

My Ankylocodon has even 1v1 a S.Rex3 and won. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes