Ludia Forums

Scutocertherium 2.0

So a while back a made a sloth hybrid as a idea for eremoceros’s super hybrid. Named Scutocertherium and even then after some calculating I decide from nerf it some what and make it like this

And I was satisfied, Until the people behind the JWA toolbox released their battle simulator (btw thank you so much to those who made it cause its a life saver) anyway I decide to use it and see how strong it was and I was absolutely shocked. It was so op beyond belief, basically out of all the dinos in the game only 6 creatures won against it. Out of those 6 only 2 won 100% of the time. And yeah that was a wake up call to me that it need a bit of a rework.

(Update: rough design and final deign sketched by @Snake_Dude)

Now as you all can see there has been a few changes here and there. Some more grave than others but needed for the sake of balance. A big one is the lost of camouflage, now at first this seems bad but in actuality it not really that bad in some cases and it other it’s actually better that it doesn’t have it. Before changing its kit most of the time Scuto didn’t even have to use camouflage mostly distracting shield just was a better option and was more reliable since it din’t have any RNG elements. Plus it would double distract for two turn rather than one. Another reason was for balancing purposes, having an always available instant speed, dodge and site action move on top of a distracting counter seemed a bit much even without or with distracting shield so in the end it really had to go. And instead I took a ply out of its parents book and gave it an option of two revenge moves one for damage reduction and another for speed control. In terms of resistances not much changed except for for the loss of vulnerability resistance. This is just to help more creatures with SV or VS type moves to allow for better set up or matchups. Health and attack were also lowered for balancing reasons and before you think its too low for a unique just wait till the end. Anyway after that not much changed except for it gaining on escape heal. If your still skeptical in terms of power and balance well let me show you all how good it is even with the nerfs/buffs.

For reference:

• :x: means wins less than 40% or losses completely
  • :part_alternation_mark: Yellow / means wins 50% of the time or mind games.
  • :white_check_mark: Green means wins 60% of the time or more so will usually or almost always counter it

NOTE: this the creatures win rate against scuto not scuto against the creature

These are only Tyrant through mid elite as that really where things only get strong enough to counter it again this is a endgame creature.

As you can see it a powerhouse even with such low stats compared to other uniques even with camouflage. Its very versatile kit and godly counter make it one of if not the top 5 creatures in the game. With 5 total counters and 5 good matchups in tyrant I think its balanced almost to the level of trykosaurus before 2.0. Ive also tested it out with the arena simulator and thanks to no priority moves or passive moves its very easy to set up on, it can’t remove dodge or cloak so cunnings finally aren’t at a super disadvantage since it can only slow or shield. And it low attack means that even if your hit it won’t be too much damage. Sure boosts would miss up things but boosts already mess up so much there is not fixing that Anyway what do you think, also @Ned mind sharing this lol basically did the job for ya’ll here free creature, leave your thoughts in the poll bellow. (Oh and keep an eye out @Snake_Dude will do the creatures design for it and I’ll update when that’s done)

Scutocertherium 2.0
  • Bad
  • Meh
  • Ok
  • Good
  • Very good
  • Meta defining
  • Op

0 voters

7 Likes

It would be better if it keeps the signature move for sloth. Camouflage.

1 Like

If by better than op then yes. Again I did do it before with camouflage it really doesn’t need it it really is a waste of a turn. Considering the dodge can fail meaning you can be screwed hard on a bad RNG streak Distracting shields is just equally as good along with its armor.

1 Like

On stuff like eremotherium and eremoceros it works cause they are very low health and they have less to no resistances, very few actually damaging moves, sometimes they can’t even do much turn 1 besides camouflage. Maybe it could be done with like a different hybrid but it would have to be very balanced. The problem really is that it can just keep spamming for days. But overall it was just not needed and too powerful.

2 Likes

Thanks, Funtime_dino. I’ll share this thread with our team. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice to see Distracting Shield again

5 Likes

a bit under powered if you ask me. just based off what it wins against and has a 50% chance. but that could also be me being used to things just outright dominating things.

2 Likes

Are you looking at it the other way round by any chance? The red crosses are the ones it beats, and green ticks are the ones that beat it if I’m not mistaken

3 Likes

That’s probably it. i was looking at it the wrong way.
It does much better than i expected.

3 Likes

Ya it’s a move I really want back.

3 Likes

Yes and the yellow is 50/50 mind games. The red is losses 40% of the time or less. The green is 60% or more

Anyhow, eventually I’ll provide some color since I believe you’ve requested this hybrid on my hybrid thread so I’ll just provide a rough draft here

7 Likes

Lol sorry just meant it on your list and it would be out soon. In other news OMG that looks absolutely awesome. Nice touch with it swatting what seems a raptor or gorgonops.

2 Likes

Honestly it just amazing for each one of these keeps getting better and better.

1 Like

oh I see, ok, sorry about that

Also thank you!

1 Like

Yeah don’t worry about touching it up take all the time you need.

Also yes it probably would be 2x as strong due to scutosaurus body build, probably be mostly herbivorous with some insects for protein.

But why is it omnivorous?

I think they are just place holder facts.

1 Like

Also nice to see a good responses hopefully the same will be said about the next creature

1 Like

Looks sick the hybrid!,can you make a super hybrid for spinotahsuchus?