Season Pass - Pteranodon Gen 2 (May-June 2022)

This post is all about the SEASON PASS. Each month we will get new themes and different creatures. We get ONE creature per pass. If you purchase the PREMIUM pass, you will get two of the same creature (NO UNLOCKS).

Let’s share our experiences, opinions and any other feedback about this feature in the game here.

Personally, I think it’s a wonderful addition to the game. I’ve been longing for a reward for loyal players for a long time. Thanks Ludia!

Season greetings… Let’s make some dinosaurs!!

5 Likes

You do get a Pteranodon Gen 2 If you make it to the end of the pass.

6 Likes

Just a small clarification, you get a Pteranodon Gen 2 if you complete this season. Each season will have different themes and different rewards that match the theme.

14 Likes

So far i am grateful for some extra goals and rewards to work for.
Have not bought the premium pass yet. And not decided yet. I have to count the rewards and look, what they are worth first.

But we ger more rewards each month, so it is a good addition to the game. :grinning:

5 Likes

I can’t earn it because not a daily grinder :sob:

2 Likes

Juhu…

7 Likes

Just wanna double check this, we get one copy of a pteranodon gen 2 and no unlock correct or do we also unlock the creature for completing the season?

2 Likes

After looking over this season pass, it is basically a “buy” a creature pack. You get one dinosaur with some resources. If you really need one more copy of a creature, then it might be useful. The total amount of resources added together isn’t that great. I think most of us use other ways to get more resources quickly.

Here is the breakdown: (I’m Level 99, VIP)

PREMIUM PASS FREE PASS
Packs: Archaic Avian Omnivores Pack, Pterosaurs Pack x 2, Along the coast, Pteranodon Gen 2 Along the coast x 3, Pteranodon Gen 2
Food: 825000 375000
DNA: 1365 630
DB: 170 80
Decoration/Buildings: Daisy bed, Water path garden, Gazebo, Flying Ride Tropical boulevard, Park oasis, Pterosauria cineplex
LP: 700 350
Creatures: Scaphognathus x 2 Aerotitan x 2
Coins: 5500000 2500000

What do you all think?

6 Likes

Is that ptero gen 2 unlock or it’s just a copy?

3 Likes

Just one card in a pack, no unlock.

1 Like

Even though the pass is not much I’m happy with it, gives us something else to work for while not being super pay to get better stuff

2 Likes

My 2 cents:
I think the Season Pass might be attractive to newer players starting out. But in terms of raw resources for the amount paid based on the comparison @Zero completed for folks with a park level over I am guessing 65/70 the payoff just isn’t there. For ten bucks you are better off purchasing VIP for the month.

And for those of us with park levels 99 and have had those for a long time this is just something to do along the way of our normal game play, which I am fine with honestly. Hopefully it has some appeal to younger parks and helps them get hooked into the game or helps them progress faster.

15 Likes

Yes, I think it is wonderful for newer players to get new creatures and more resources, and also fun for us veteran players to put some spice in our life (on the FREE PASS). I’m looking forward to how it will evolve over time.

4 Likes

I think It would be better if for Premium its a VIP Dino of your choice (or Same class VIP), makes it more inticing for High lvl, and very helpful for New player

2 Likes

Its a good incentive

1 Like

Main goal is to get 7250 for pteranodon gen2 pack.
Just by doing daily missions you get 300 points daily. 7250/300 = 24.1(6) so it’s very easy to get this pack.

3 Likes

I used to play SimCity: Buildit and they started Season Pass a while back. However, every season I played, I compared the premium tier with the free tier and could not justify purchasing the premium pass to myself.

It looks like this is just the same. Looking at @Zero’s resource comparison, the premium pass isn’t worth it to me. However, I do enjoy the daily missions anyway, so the extra stuff that we now get is pretty neat. I also like the idea of weekly missions, though I’d be hard-pressed to start a Gyro every week!

2 Likes

I’m enjoying the “FREE” season pass. I’m so happy we get a free dinosaur at the end! I’m looking forward to a new theme each month. Thanks Ludia! We needed this! (and maybe tweak the PREMIUM pass in the future too?)

2 Likes

From what park level is pteranodon gen 2? My son only has a scaphognatus pack as final reward in the season pass.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the idea. It’s something extra to do. I’m not really interested in any of the rewards except the DBs and the final card pack.

I didn’t check price for premium, seems like a no brainer to skip it if you already have VIP.

I kind of agree with @CDRX , if they want to entice people to pay for premium, they should have a VIP gold pack at the end of it. Kind of like VIPs are guaranteed a VIP creature from the diamond wheel, premium members can be guaranteed a VIP at the end of the season. It probably wouldn’t entice VIP members, but maybe non-VIP members.

3 Likes