Ludia Forums

Shellfire needs to get nurfed

Hey,

So today was the day we at Valhalla Finest got our first Shellfire Alpha after the update. Our other clans have had it, but I would wait to see it for myself, before saying anything.

Ludia, you really need to do something about this Alpha asap. The whole game is about RNG, but the Alpha fights should be about who have the strongest 25 players and are the best at teamwork. Not who gets the most Shellfire’s and get it on the right time. If you’re a clan with even the smallest of brains, you can take it down in under 4 turns per player and if you get it on a rest day, you are up to the next star alpha with full energy. And that is on a starcount where the clan normally wouldnt be able to defeat the Alpha.

I know alot of you players love this. Cause now you can recruit players and say you fight 8-9* Alphas, when the truth is your damage is worth a 7* Alpha. But for the clans like mine, where we do all to optimize the Alpha fights, it really sucks to see that its all about getting the most Shellfire’s.

7 Likes

100% Agree, I’ve been observing each alpha knowing which is strong or weak. Is there anything else i must link? :thinking:

Yohomie

2 Likes

I’m going to add on this topic proof of how easy it is to take down shellfire. Below is an image of my clans current 8* Shellfire. With ONLY 12 minutes in since Shellfire spawned and we already took about (2/3) a third of it’s health. Incredible? Insane? I want the developer’s to see why Shellfire needs a buff supporting @FarmerJay post.

Yohomie

Hey guys, just wanted to point out that the correct term for Shellfire’s case would be buff, since you guys want to make it stronger. But yeah, it definitely is too weak.

2 Likes

Oh yeah thats true. My younger self is not happy that I cant talk ‘gamer’ anymore😥

3 Likes

I’m confused as to what you guys want; on the one hand you’re concerned about it targeting special tiles too often, and on the other you’re claiming it’s too easy to defeat.

1 Like

Two different alphas…

2 Likes

Like talisax said there’s two different Alpha’s. The one discussed in FarmerJay post (Shellfire) and the one i linked in my post (Foreverwing)
Foreverwing ability target’s yourspecial tiles first instead of random tiles.
Shellfire is that one alpha just about everyone can defeat. No challenge and you can counter ballistas for massive damage on the alpha or your team.
Yohomie

Oh, right… Somehow my sleepy self missed that last night. But had the post stayed about one Alpha, the confusion could have been prevented.

So, @Yohomie and @FarmerJay, you want for Shellfire - the least threatening Alpha - to be made stronger (buffed), and for the Foreverwing - which is targeting everything in its path and most recently has developed a preference for special tiles, while it can also take over the whole matching board with its “roots” - to be adjusted to how it was before, which means for it to be made weaker (buffed). Is that right?

Well, I guess in a certain perspective it sort of is fair if and only if both Alphas are changed and balanced at once, without any other Alphas going rogue. But with the history of this game, in which, after Bewilderbeast was fixed, Foreverwing became overpowered, one has to be careful what they ask for. Perhaps they’ll make the Shellfire go rogue without even fixing the Foreverwing, and that’ll be a right disaster. Therefore, I think it would be safer to request such a thing after they fix Foreverwing without spoiling another Alpha.

1 Like

The point is that the alphas are now way out of whack with each other and unbalanced. Shellfire is an outlier, as is Foreverwing, although not nearly as much (the 10* is crazy fast though).

Unbalanced alphas = unbalanced game, no good for anyone. You want a game where players and clans have a good sense of how competitive they are within and with each other, right? At least we do!

3 Likes

Oh no, I do care about the game being unbalanced, and it is such. But see, Shellfire’s easiness outbalances Foreverwing’s rogueness. And Foreverwing had been fine before, up until Bewilderbeast got nerfed. One is fixed, another is spoiled. So, I have reason to believe that perhaps this game can’t exactly come to a true balance, not that I don’t want it to though.