Ludia Forums

Short tournaments

Not sure anyone posted this suggestion before, but what do you all think about some shorter tournaments occassionally? Say, 1 day? So ppl who have to work, have a busy family life, or health issues, etc., can also participate in one of these. And then maybe also a longer tournament, for example 1 week? I think different lengths would be interesting. Entry fee can be different, prices too. It would make the game more inclusive imho.

Anyone any thoughts on this?

3cab68dcfa0be12408c40070f62eecf4c99ab112_hq

1 Like

If its any shorter than the 3 day tournament they just had, then it limits the amount of people that can play exactly for the reasons you listed tho. If they do a 1 day tournament and you’re busy, you’re screwed. The 3 day tournament they did helps with that

You have a point yes. They could do two short tournaments in the same weekend though, to allow more ppl to join one of those 1 day tourneys if they want?

I think that a 3 day tourney also makes it pretty much necessary to battle for most of those 3 days (or 4 days for Europe due to time difference it starts Fri afternoon, ends Mon afternoon) ie if you want to seriously compete for a position on the Leaderboard. So it’s not like you can just pick 1 or 2 days for battling :sweat_smile:

I finished 47th last tournament and only played Sunday afternoon/night and like 30 minutes before work Monday morning

Wow!! :scream: I battled for over 15 hrs on friday plus saturday (1st open skill tourney) and I think I ended somewhere 1400 by the end of the tourney ie I dropped off the leaderboard saturday already and couldn’t climb back up plus I was so tired of battling by then. I didn’t have Maiasaura though maybe that was the problem. Hope to get her this wednesday, need 10 more dna to create :sweat_smile:

Personally I like the 3 day weekend tournaments. 3 days is plenty and everyone gets a chance. A one day event seems fairly pointless if I’m honest.

1 Like

I miss the long tournanents. I work odd hours so these weekend tournaments I don’t really get to compete in very much.

And when the tournaments took several days I had plenty of time to work towards my goal.

1 Like

If the new events using special rules, like the Open Skill, were seven days long I would be happy. It was when tournaments were not separate to Arenas and lasted 3 weeks that was the problem. With the new way of tournaments I’d be happy.

2 Likes

Alot of us are looking forward to the new season as well. The algorithm needs to fixed first tho. Hopefully that’s why they’re holding off

1 Like

I’m curious if they’ll do the commons tourney next? Could get interesting too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like