Ludia Forums

Should all dinos walk on the map?

First of all, I’m probably not the first person to suggest this, but this would be a very helpful and cool feature. We’ve all had that moment where a dino spawned, but it was hiding behind a supply drop/sanctuary, or just out of range. I think it would be nice if all wild spawns walked around the map a bit, just like raid bosses do now, so that they could move themselves out of these awkward situations. They probably have walking animations for all the rigs anyway for the bosses, so why not use them more often? Plus it would look more like the dinos were actually roaming around our world, instead of just sitting statically. I would make exceptions for scent and supply drop spawns though, since these are tied to a specific location and probably shouldn’t move. But overall, do you all agree?

6 Likes

This could go a good addition… but I worry about performance on lower end devices. If they could make it happen without an additional performance sure.

It could also make vehicle darting more difficult if a Dino walks into a strike as you pass it by.

5 Likes

Those are both good points. For the first, they could make it an option you could turn off, to increase performance if you need it. This could even help with vehicle darting too.

2 Likes

I also think the bosses should move around more. They move in fairly large loops now, but when there’s 2 bosses to track down per day it becomes even more important that they be in range.

So just increase the area the boss covers with each circuit.

3 Likes

I can just imagine the lag and trouble lower end devices would face. But I guess it could work if you made a option to turn it off like @Mudkipz said. Would the dinosaurs walk in a loop? Or would they travel in random directions?

1 Like

If creatures walked in circles like bosses do on the map that would help with them being stuck in or behind map objects.

1 Like

What’s interesting with this is the technology is already their and by that I mean built into the ar platform provided by google. And their is actually more functionality then just roaming around in circles. The “bosses” can actually be set to chase players now that’ll prolly never be a thing cause someone would get ran over trying to get away from a trex but it is fun to speculate what kind of things they could do with that… like a real life running game with rewards based on how long you were able to stay alive.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking they would walk in a semi-circle on the map like the bosses, like what @Colin_Goodman said.

2 Likes

Lol that would be pretty fun! Except everyone would be running towards the Mortem raid.

1 Like

Honestly, what they could do is with the herbivorus creatures, it would be a stampede, but with carnivorus they would chase you as prey. However, it could show a sniffing animation when it is about to find you. This would be very fun to see, at least in my opinion, plus it could allow bosses to get closer, however they would be a certain range where they couldn’t find you.

1 Like

We could have like yearly dino migrations and they move around the world in herds?

1 Like

That would be funny and at the same time really nice to see. Maybe for an event, they have a herd of para’s guarding a tuora or tenontorex.

Yeah, like to give us creatures like event exclusives spawning in the wild, and then we see like carnivores hunting the herbivores!

Yes. Like with the paras guarding a tenonto, it could be for exclusive dna. I would love more tenonto myself.

Lol, and you have to dart all 500 paras to be able to dart the tenonto or toura

What if a carnivore caught a herbivore? What would you do dart a carcass lol

2 Likes

Yes, that would make like easier when you want to dart that Rex just outside your circle.

1 Like

Lol like at the end of every month, you see all your zones new dinos running towards you

1 Like

Could be a new kind of scent, one that actually draws into shooting range the nearby dinos.

And your old zone dinos just running away

1 Like