Ludia Forums

Should all tournaments be base level

I think all tournaments should only allow base level creatures. I want to get rid of the advantage tournaments. Not everyone has a bunch of boosts and coins laying around to max out different tournament creatures. For the advantage tournaments where you get the DNA it’s not very fair to other players that are getting destroyed by level 30s. The advantage tournaments in my opinion only reward the higher level players who have a bunch of boosts and coin to max out a whole new team.

1 Like

If there is no advantage tourney, why should we level up dinos except the best 8? I think it is better to remove the skill tournament. Or Mon-Wed: Skill, Tur-Sun: Adavantage

1 Like

Agree
(10char)

You can still level up creatures for raids or simply just try to get every creature to 30

1 Like

Strongly disagree on that. I just hate these all lvl 26 “skill” tournaments. They are nearly as boring as regular PVP. Everybody picks exactly the same broken creatures (Isn’t it fun to see Argenteryx and Megalotops in every single battle? :slight_smile: ) and the winner is determined by speed ties. Whoever is closer to Canada typically wins the battle…

And well, as I do not live in NAM, I do not like the so called skill tournaments. Much prefer to level fun dinos and use them in advantage tournaments…

4 Likes

Levels is fine as long as matchmaking is fair, I.e. not pairing people with 5-10 levels between their dinos. I agree with the idea of nullifying boosts in such tournaments though, although I doubt it’ll happen for the very reason that it would level the playing field between ptw & non paying players.

1 Like

You’re right. Advantage tournaments are a bad experience unless you have a lot of dinosaurs and a ton of boosts. The problem is, skill tournaments are also a massive drag and suck for their own reasons.

There is so much more that can be done with tournaments. We could be presented with 3 carefully crafted premade teams and choose one for the tourney, each with a specific theme but relatively equal in power to the others, and face off.

There are tons of dinosaurs in this game with interesting abilities that aren’t utilized because certain dinosaurs are just better. If we can take those op dinos out of the equation we can have those more obscure dinosaurs take the spotlight and we can actually have fun trying to figure out how best to incorporate them into the given environment.

3 Likes

We’d have SO much more balance if we had all level 26 base tourneys.
An alternate option would be a better matchmaking system, which seems like a pipe dream

2 Likes

Depends on the person.
On skill I’m 10 takedowns and done.
If they ever went all skill that’s all I would ever do and then there’s the number 1 reason…
Ludia loses money on boost sales.
All arena/raid dinos are already maxed.
Having both appeals to everyone.

3 Likes

Anything but remove the skill tournaments.
Please most f2p players like me enjoy skill tourneys as it is much more fairer to us

Another twist - skill only, set to 26, but everyone gets 25 boosts to use when they start the tournament. That would be really fun IMO and prevent some of the issues with everyone playing the same creatures and speed based tie scenarios.

2 Likes

Why should that change the issue with everybody playing the same creatures? Then everybody would run the same creatures with 25 boosts on them :slight_smile: These skill tournaments still would be nearly as boring as they are today…

I guess all I want is something to make the advantage tournaments a bit more balenced. Not sure how this would happen but I would love some kind of solution.

Hard pass.

Definitely not. Advantage tourneys make battles shorter and gives out variety and have other creatures seen more often while skill tourneys on the other hand takes longer with not much variety because everyone would be using the best creatures. Frankly I’ll take a whole month of advantage tourneys than a whole month of skill, even though advantage tourneys aren’t fair for everyone.

2 Likes

Making all tournaments skill would kill Tournaments for a lot of people. They specifically invest their resources into making good Tournament creatures for Advantage, so all their hard work would be wasted. And like it has been said before: Skill tournaments is just the same top tier creatures on every team without any form of variety. Advantage tournaments create that variety. Sure if you’re lower leveled they might come across as unfair, but we’ve all been at that point. So all I can say is to just work to get your creatures up and you’ll enjoy Advantage more. I know I wouldn’t play Tournaments anymore if they all became Skill tournaments because all the speedties, RNG and busted creatures would quickly take all the fun out of them.

3 Likes