Ludia Forums

Should all tyrannosaurid have Roar like Mortem rex?

I just asking everyone :joy:
Should all tyrannosaurid have Roar?

1 Like

Raaaaaaaaaawwwwwww!

Sentence

2 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t mind too much, it wouldn’t change anything about how they play in arena. But it might take away from Mortems uniqueness.

1 Like

But don’t they already roar?
I mean, all tyrannosaurids have a similar sound although rex and rex gen2 have that movie roar

2 Likes

I think they’re talking about the move “Roar”. It’s Mortem’s basic move, called Tail Whip in raids.

3 Likes

Oh, i didn’t realise lol
I though It was always called tail swipe
But in that case, i think they should

2 Likes

Maybe they should just call it “Group Defense Shattering Strike” to end the confusion? Especially since that move already exists in the game and is identical to Roar/Tail Swipe (see Archaeotherium or Keratoporcus). And I don’t think the “Roar” animation even looks like a roar anyway.

As a side note, why is it Group DEFENSE Shattering Strike while Thor has Group Shattering Impact (no “defense”)? But then, when has Ludia’s move naming scheme ever been consistent?

3 Likes

Ludia just omits the “Defense” to keep the name short.
For example: Taunt Shattering Rampage, Precise Shattering Counter, etc.

2 Likes

Lol I know, and I actually agree that it sounds much better that way. I just don’t know why they don’t do that consistently. So I was more wondering why the defense part IS included in group defense shattering strike. Although I guess I answered my question in my last comment :sweat_smile:

2 Likes