Ludia Forums

Should Fliers Get a Passive Dodge Move or a Strike First?

Considering that a land based dino would be lucky to grab one mid flight, seems plausible… With the low HP that fliers get, maybe a 25% passive Dodge move against land dinos would be nice… or perhaps a strike first attribute?

Otherwise, the majority of the fliers only last a turn, maybe 2… how could a stego actually tail whip a flier, cause damage and slow it down if not kill it on that one hit… or how could a velo jump high enough to hit one?fliers should have some sort of defense attribute unless it is against another flier… then they would negate…

2 Likes

Simple answer. Because flying creatures have landed to battle.

3 Likes

lol…obviously all flying creatures land to attack… I should have known that prior to asking… even eagles land to grab those damn rabbits…

Sorry to have made such a ridiculous question… doh!

Anyone above a certain speed should have a built in dodge % into their mechanics. How many times haven’t we seen them Velociraptors in the movies dodge the big bad dinos, soley because of how fast they are.

There’s already a substantial amount of dissension regarding the RNG however I’ve always said that there should be a passive Dodge for every creature even if it’s only 5% for some. Any animal in a life-and-death situation would have at least some chance of avoiding an attack

2 Likes

I like this suggestion, cause you see in the animation the bird is landing so why not landing in the opponent’s head and give one hit before to hit the ground? :+1:

1 Like