Ludia Forums

Should Foreverwing's Ability Be Nerfed?

After the last big update, Foreverwings Rooting Ability was buffed. Complaints are increasing across all four of my clans regarding the new strength of Foreverwings Rooting ability- it targets all power tiles and even if you match to free the power tile the roots immediately grow back without even a chance to activate the power tile you just freed. You are forced to be backed into a corner matching unwanted tiles till the roots break totally. Constant efforts to break roots prove futile in the end. Theres no strategy to escape this fate and with no strategy available its simply no fun.

Our organization does not want to make it easy, however nerfing his ability to ensure playability is a must.

What do you all think? Voice your opinion and be heard…

13 Likes

Personally I agree with this sentiment. A game is about playing. When a thing in the game forces you to not even make a choice. Your fate seems to be predetermined. That is never a fun thing for a “player” or “user”. Games are about fun. If something is completely detracting from the fun, a change should occur.

We’re not asking for foreverwing to be easy. We’re asking for the game to be playable.

4 Likes

I agree with shorty. I don’t want it be be easy just a bit easier, give us a chance to use some of the power tiles.

3 Likes

Especially when the board is fully rooted and when it reset, it caused massive damages to our dragons. In the end we can’t really deal much damage to Foreverwing because of power tile being rooted and our dragons die too fast.

2 Likes

If foreverwing was the only alpha, I’d say buck up and learn to play him, most of the time I can set up a special tile next to a match since I know where the roots will be. Also just attempting to pair off colors so matches are easy to make helps. Foreverwing is my current alpha and i haven’t had issue at all. I mean sure you can get the occasional bad game but overall you can play him. He is predictable.

With that said, compared to the other 4 alphas, why is he so OP? none of the alphas even come close. Even when he just randomly picked tiles he was only overshadowed by bewilderbeast when he was the super OP one. The gas and bomb are a joke, I pretty much play like they aren’t even there. Shellfire ability helps us more than it hurts. Foreverwing just seems super imbalanced compared to the other 4.

1 Like

@Matt_H Bombs aren‘t a joke as soon as you get to 10* Alphas and there are spawning two of them, depending on the spawnplace you have to fight to even keep your dragons alive. Or are you talking about that case?

4 Likes

The growing speed of roots is incredible and I usually deal with it to kill the roots as soon as they spawn. I‘m making matches that I wouldn‘t make elsewise, but it‘s okay. When I‘m done clearing and I didn‘t get a red match by accident, Foreverwing lets roots spawn again and the puzzling begins. I can‘t keep special tiles to clear roots because it‘s targeting them and I‘m usually not able to set them up with a decent match to activate them anyway. And I usually lost good matches before by clearing so I can‘t clear every root the second time. That‘s how I end up with a board blocked, but not reshuffling because I have exactly one match left everytime.
Am I doing something completely wrong? If not, Foreverwing needs to be nerfed in my opinion, either slowing the growing speed a bit or not targeting special tiles all the time (at least two tiles per turn growing speed on two different spawning places is too much if you‘re losing your specials everytime).

4 Likes

I agree. It should be targeting random tiles, and not always go for the power tiles.

I’m not sure if it’s just something I’m telling myself or if it’s actually true. I’ve for sure seen it happen with power tiles, but I don’t think I’ve seen it happen with regular tiles…

But it seems like the roots generally only grow either horizontal or vertical from their initial placement - unless there’s a power tile nearby - if that’s the case it has no trouble going diagonally which just seems really unfair??

That’s another issue I have with Foreverwing.

6 Likes

THIS.
It’s ridiculous compared to the other alphas. Also, where’s the limit? I don’t get it, sometimes my board will be filled apart from 6 tiles because I have one match, then other times it will shuffle even though I have a few matches, say wha?
Please stop it from targeting special tiles or at least give it a limit on how many times it grows vines. I often hope it just shuffles so I can hit properly again. Doing one match at the side of the board where it doesn’t even hit the alpha is such a waste. Those turns are precious!
NO OTHER ALPHA STOPS YOU FROM MAKING MATCHES THIS MUCH.

It makes me sad because I think he’s one of the coolest designs of the alphas but now I have a growing hate for him. THANKS TITAN UPRISING.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree. His ability should be rebuild so that he can be defeated (his roots can be broken) because as of know once he starts to throw in these roots it is impossible to defeat them. You have to wait until he fills the whole board up so there is nothing you could match so the roots deal massive damage and breaks. Before the update he was playable, I mean he was annoying but you could beat him. So just make it little bit easier so that you have a chance to break those roots and stop him from releasing another. What I feel would help a lit is when he starts to release those roots even when you stun him with 3 red tiles another roots still appear. If you stun him after that move there should be no new roots. That would make things a little bit easier. Because I mean what is the point of stunning him when he still can make new roots.

4 Likes

I‘ve experienced Foreverwing to NOT target special tiles twice since the update. And I did a lot of fights against this Alpha. So there seems to be a possibility that it won‘t target the special tiles but it‘s really low.

I‘ve experienced and even recorded some of those cases as well: Board will shuffle and damage or even kill your dragons although there are still matches left (sometimes decent matches that would cause to free a great part of the board again) …

2 Likes

Agreed @Mitryl stunning him should stun his roots as well.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback everyone! I’ll pass it to our team.

6 Likes

Thanks again @Ned

3 Likes

This poll by @Yohomie currently going on on facebook. Lol personally I’d put violet death in 2nd place but its obvious which alpha is OP…

3 Likes

So for the other 90+% of the player base not fighting 10 stars, they are a joke

Yes, and I‘m happy for this present to take a breath before next Foreverwing / Bewilderbeast / Violet Death spawns. Shelly is the one that‘s „hit high or die instantly“, but that‘s good as well. In my opinion Alphas difficulty needs to vary a bit, some are harder to beat, some easier, for some you need a different strategy to set up your team, that‘s what keeps the game interesting for me. And for sure, when one‘s reaching the top, everything should be difficult and so is Screaming Death then.
But I got the feeling Foreverwing is too OP, he‘s not a bit harder than other Alphas bit very hard to deal with and it simply not feels balanced to me. Screaming Death feels balanced, but that‘s only my personal opinion. Some Alpha has to be the easiest if difficulty varies.

3 Likes

It went up even more :eyes:

Yohomie

3 Likes