Should I stop leveling Stegodeus?

Level 26 will cost 1000 DNA and 100,000 gold.
2 other dinos (unplayable) can use the Nodo DNA.
Stegodeus probably has an impending nerf coming.

Should I focus on other dinos since the risk vs reward is so low.

My opinion: keep going. He will still be very good vs:

The entire raptor family (including utasino and utarinex)
The dilo family
And any of the trex family hes 4 levels or more higher than.

I plan to level mine as soon as i find nodos:

2 Likes

The question you should ask yourself is: Assuming you got a level 22 Nodopatotitan or level 22 Gigaspikasour, would you put it on your team? As the answer may be NO, I think it is a better option to continue evolving the Stegodeus.

Regarding money, it is true that 100,000 is a lot of money but … evolve any of those two hybrids to 22 costs 215,000 … and would be money thrown away if you did not include them in your team.

Of course, if the answer is YES it would be different …

1 Like

My idea is that if I take my level 15 nodo based baddies to 20+ one of them might get a buff when they nerf Stegodeus.

I stopped with mine at 27. I could even make it a 28 if I wanted to drop the coin (150K) - but I don’t. I’d rather spread it out and bring up some other stuff. I have fought teams that have had a level 30 stegod, and nothing else over 22. That seems a bit ridiculous to me. I actually have a bunch of stuff I could level up right now, just don’t know where to invest!!

3 Likes

I didn’t think inflation existed during jurassic times. It is insane that ludia makes us pay like we do to level any and everything. I almost deleted the game last night, but didn’t because I’ve already invested too much. I love my L22 Stegadeus and look forward to having more money absorbed in the game to keep it on my team. Yayyyyyyy

1 Like

Perhaps Stego is the only one they have the DNA to level? I am in that situation with many Dino’s. I have enough DNA to level a few several times and they would be 4 or 5 levels above anything else. I just do not find the DNA required to level others.

One way of thinking is to level what you can and when you get them on your team, you win. Don’t get them as a RNG pick, you most likely will lose that battle. It would be like adding more RNG to the battle team pick. Some people might just be impatient and try whatever it takes to get higher in Trophies.

I chose not to level them higher, just save coins and see what DNA I can scrounge up. I don’t advance in Trophies I stay in a basic range and I can live with that. I keep in incubators.

2 Likes

Anything that you put in your team will eventually got nerfed - because so many complaints that they are OP (of course it makes all sense that we put strong dinos in our team).
So don’t level up anything. Not worth it.
:rofl:

1 Like

Obviously, you guys are at a much higher level than my 4,250 trophies, but I managed to get to where I am with a level 24 Allosaurus, a level 20 Tanycolagreus and a level 22 Gorgosuchus… There are some dinos, such as Sinoceratops, Ankylosaurus, etc., that I never come across, even though I grind several hours per day. Figured I was being served lemons, so decided to make lemonade… Haven’t really regretted it so far…

3 Likes

Not really sure what to do with this :thinking:

1 Like

I’m keeping everything at most at level 26. My Stegodeus is 28 but there she will stay.

1 Like

Give me your DNA! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

i feel like they would have nerfed it by now. people have been whining about it long enough. and i guess they are going to now that superiority strike is only going to cleanse distracting. i’m 100 away from it being 28. i will keep leveling it up because i never see the other dinos on my team, so it needs to be as good as it can be to make up for it.

1 Like

Being an owner of a level 30 Stegodeus, it’s worth keep on going. It’s so bloody good

If superiority is the only thing going to be nerfed, Stegodeus would still be powerful, exspecially considering its accessibility. An overlevelled Steg can still two shot kills the god of next version. Also, check the description of Steg, a ‘roofed god’ is not likely to become a ‘puny god’. Lastly, do not forget that you get tons of exps when you level up your Steg, which is very important for those players not reaching a high level yet.

Right on. I don’t have enough dna to level any other dino in my team so I just keep on leveling up Stegodeus. Mine is ready to go from lvl 25 to 26. Just need sufficient coins to do it. Apart from that, I have 4 other dinos in my team just between 1 to 2 fuses away from being able to level up.

1 Like

Haha, might as well since I am propably not going to use that dna :joy:

1 Like