Ludia Forums

Should we be able to request epic dna?

Should we be able to request epic dna?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

At this stage in the game’s life, yes.

Before, it made sense to exclude it, since not many people had it. But now, many of us have tens of thousands of spare epic DNA we’d love to give to our alliance members to help them out.

12 Likes

Exactly. Some of my alliance m8s have a load of epic dna like euclado and I need it for tests, or they have a load of dna to make tryo and I desperately need it. I think my one m8 has 39k euclado dna to spare

2 Likes

Yes. It’s about time it was added to the game.

5 Likes

I would love this.
Currently getting a lot of legendaries and some of them need epics cough ankyntrosaurus and indominus

1 Like

i think it should be added to the game, i have no use to some of these stuff. i didnt even know i had 8000 pteranodon until i darted it, then i looked and i have at least 12 creatures with over 5000 dna. the only ones that dont have much dna are the ones with hybrids. its crazy cuz i jus started playing like only a year or /and a half ago,

1 Like

I say no. Reason is longevity. You don’t want to make the game too easy that players will stop using the game after a few months because the alliance helped them get all the DNA.

And of course from the business side it’ll take away incubator sales

4 Likes

Nobody buys incubators you literally get 2-3 the same incubators every week for free I don’t think people are so impatient to spend $100 instead of waiting a week and doing 2 easy battles rare dna is better for lots of ppl than epic anyway

3 Likes

i see no reason why we can’t start trading epic dna. those who have all of a creature’s hybrids and itself at 30 has no more need of the dna that just piles up. if they wish to donate that dna to people in their alliance i see no reason to stop them.

4 Likes

I doubt thats true. I’m pretty sure out of 10 million downloads several people buy them. :joy:

1 Like

Nah that’s what the sanc is for.

If low level players can get carried to unlock apex creatures I definitely don’t see a problem.
There’s tons of epic DNA sitting around from players that don’t choose to level everything up that can be put to use, and in exchange, it adds the variable of making players want to dart those epics again if they begin to run dry.
Just add restrictions like only being able to ask once a week or something.

14 Likes

Now that they have created a new Apex level, we should be able to request epic DNA within the game.

3 Likes

How I think it would be great is at lvl 20 you can request 250 DNA for an epic. Enough for a multi fuse like rares, but rares can do two 5 multi fuses, and one fuse for an unique like a rare and common as well from the donation.

1 Like

250 at 2 requests a day is 15000 after a month that can be abused I was thinking more along the lines of 50 dna

1 Like

Theres a lot of epic dna people have but isn’t need. And there’s lots of people who need epic dna that others don’t need. Donating epic dna would be very helpful

2 Likes

yes but limited on few days maybe just sat and sun ?

3 Likes

I totally agree we could request epic dna but only on saturday and sunday only which is fine becuase there are epics that you don’t bump into very often and you need to make a powerful hybrid like trykosaurus. Ankylosaurus and kentrosuarus is really hard to find.

1 Like

Make the minimum level to request epic dna, for example you need to reach level 12 to request epic dna

3 Likes

I don’t think it would add much to the game to be honest.
As previously happened with certain rares, some people think they have plenty of it and donate because they need the coin. Then a new hybrid comes in or a creature becomes exclusive and they regret their decision to donate. With epics this is even worse.
It needs some restrictions, as mentioned above a level limit would be an initial must. And of course it needs to be less than the 500 rare a day. Continuing the 2000-500 trend I’d say 100 a day would make most sense.

On top of that I believe that there are plenty of ways to get epic DNA in all forms, with giga scents and sanctuaries and lots of strikes, gifts, bosses, dailies, weeklies, you name it. Getting even more with this method makes players level up too fast. The game benefits from being a grind, being slow. People get bored if everything is obtained in no time and they quit again. From an economic Ludia perspective I think they should be very careful about adding even more ways to get epic DNA.

Now, before you just click “yes” because “I WANT EPIC DNA!!11”, think about the consequences for the whole game. It’s never as simple as being greedy and selfish.

1 Like