Ludia Forums

Shouldn't rajasaur be a fierce relisent

Shouldn’t rajasaur be a fierce resilient because its regular abilities are all relisent and the armor piercing counter is fierce just like the majungasaurus it is half fierce because it has a armor piercing counter

Well, carnotaurus should be fierce resilient, not wild card, geminititan the same way, and raja’s two hybrids should also be fierce resilient. Quetzorion should be a wild card, mammo and entelolania should be fierce resilient, and the list just goes on and on and on… See how inaccurate the class system is?

1 Like

…Why?

It is not because he has a skill that ignores armor that should be fierce instantly. I believe that It is not the skills that define the class, but its performance in defeating other creatures. Having a single fierce ability is not going to beat Resilients amid so many Resilient abilities.

1 Like

Quetzorion has armor piercing, a reason why monostego is a wild card, then mammo and entelolania are resilients with ferocity abilities

Even if he ignores armor, it is not enough to be good against Resilients and be considered a wildcard. He is countered by stunning and slowing down as cunning.

1 Like

Increased damage is not enough to define creatures as fierce. Mammoth has an increase in damage and is horrible against resilient but good against cunning only.

1 Like

He is a wildcard for being good against all classes even though he doesn’t have fierce skills. It can be used as a damage exchange, it can distract, stun, slow down, heal, speed up and more.

No. The only thing that makes Quezt wildcard is the strike, which will that is a wildcard move, the other moves also secure its place as a cunning resilient.

1 Like

The counter is only one element though, it’s not quite enough to make something fierce. Sinoceratops’ swap in stunning strike also pierces armor, so should it be fierce as well?

1 Like

Monostego really doesn’t have anything fierce going for it, it should just be Cunning-resilient. One armor piercing move is not enough to be considered fierce (see above).

I agree here though

(swap in stunning strike armor piercing)

So Sinoceratops, Stegoceratops, Triceratops and Triceratops Gen 2, woolly rhino, etc. should all be fierce?

Only before I realized every other swap in stunning strike is just resilient (besides monolorhino)

Here’s how I personally determine classes based on moves, if you haven’t already read it.

Based on these rules, having one armor piercing move (a minor fierce ability) isn’t enough to make a dino fierce. But having two armor piercing attacks, or an armor piercing ability and a damage increasing ability, is.

4 Likes

In case you were wondering which dinos I actually think are classified wrong, here is my list. The solutions are what could be done to make the class match the moves, but the specific solutions are purely my own opinion. Even the classification system itself, while “automated” based on a strict set of rules, is still kinda my opinion, so of course you may disagree.

Andrewtodon Called Fierce-Resilient, should be Fierce; Solution: change moves to make it a true Fierce-Resilient (maybe adding decel?)

Carbotoceratops Called, Resilient, should be Cunning-Resilient; Solution: change distraction to a different move to make it a true Resilient

Carnotaurus Called Wild Card, should be Fierce-Resilient; Solution: change class

Diloracheirus Called Cunning, should be Cunning-Resilient; Solution: change class

Diloranosaurus Called Cunning, should be Cunning-Resilient; Solution: change class

Diplodocus Called Resilient, should be Fierce-Resilient; Solution: maybe change something with shield advantage, or just change the class

Diplovenator Called Cunning-Fierce, should be Wild Card; Solution: Remove either the dodge removal from it’s strike or precise from it’s counter to make it a true Cunning-Fierce.

Geminititan Called Resilient, should be Fierce-Resilient; Solution: either change something with Definite Shield Advantage or change the class.

Indominus Rex Called Fierce, should be Cunning-Fierce (only if dodge is a major cunning ability); Solution: change class

Indominus Rex Gen 2 Called Fierce, should be Cunning-Fierce; Solution: change class

Indoraptor Called Cunning-Fierce, should be Cunning; Solution: either change the class, or give it a shield-breaking move (e.g. Defense Shattering Rampage instead of Armor Piercing Rampage)

Majundaboa Called Resilient, should be Fierce-Resilient; Solution: change class

Marsupial Lion Called Fierce, should be Cunning-Fierce (only if Dodge is a major cunning ability); Solution: change class

Megalosuchus Called Fierce-Resilient, should be Fierce; Solution: change moves to make it a true Fierce-Resilient (maybe give it a shield?)

Monostegotops Called Wild Card, should be Cunning-Resilient; Solution: Change class

Nasutoceratops Called Wild Card, should be Cunning-Resilient; Solution: Change class, or change moves to make it either a true Wild card or a pure resilient (by removing distraction)

Ovilophosaurus Called Cunning, should be Cunning-Fierce; Solution: change class, or change critical impact to something else to make it a pure cunning.

Pterovexus Called Wild Card, should be Cunning-Fierce; Solution: Change class

Sarcorixis Called Resilient, should be Fierce-Resilient; Solution: change class

Spionyx Called Cunning-Fierce, should be Fierce-Resilient; Solution: change class

Stegoceras Called Cunning-Fierce, should be Cunning; Solution: change class

Tanycolagreus Called Wild Card, should be Fierce; Solution: change moves to make it a true Wild Card (maybe give it Crafty Strike?)

Tsintaosaurus Called Wild Card, should be Fierce-Resilient; Solution: change class

If I didn’t mention it, you can assume that I think it’s current class is correct (looking at you Quetzorion). Now I don’t 100% agree with all of these myself. Like I can make exceptions for Indominus Rex, Marsupial Lion, Tanycolagreus, and even Diplodocus and Geminititan. But having a set process for determining classes is better than whatever Ludia seems to use. I’ve also strongly considered incorporating resistances into the process.

2 Likes

I dont agree with you look on tany @Mudkipz

This is because Tany is a versatile creature that fits every class well.
Now this may be confusing because you determine what class a creature is by looking at its movepool, this is completely fine but especially in tany’s case, you gotta look a little futher. Tanycolagreus has a fierce/resilient basic attack that leans towards being fierce and a neutral second attack. But because tany is so close to being either fierce, resilient or both you have to look at its resistances and stats. Now tany has typical cunning stats and resistances.

Seeing as it has not only a thing from every class, but also a neutral attack it feels like a true wildcard. To top this off, a wildcard is a creature that doesn’t really have any class-based bad matchup and tany really reflects this, mastering a bit of everything and not doing very poorly against any class.

So in my opinion tany is a wildcard, however if stats and resistances aren’t included its a fierce or fierce/resilient creature

3 Likes

I actually agree entirely with your analysis. Technically having immunity to Distraction is a resilient trait as well as a cunning trait, but tany does feel like a wild card to me.

I don’t include stats for a few reasons. For one, there’s so much overlap that you can’t easily separate out the classes: where does a “resilient” speed end and a “fierce” speed begin? It just doesn’t tell you enough by itself. Plus, it can lead to typecasting, where every resilient has to have at least X hp, every fierce has to have at least X attack, every cunning has to have at least X speed, etc. And that limits variety within the classes.

On the other hand, I would include resistances, and am strongly considering adding them to my system. For them, I would do it like this. Any dino can have a 50% resistance to anything (that’s neutral). Anything higher than that falls under a particular class. They would be treated as minor traits, but would fall under two classes each: the class that applies the effect, or the class that’s supposed to counter that class. So being immune to deceleration could be either fierce or resilient. Notice that this means any hybrid class can have any combination of resistances. You would also have to account for weird cases like Taunt, where the class that counters it actually wants to have 0% resistance to it (so they can target the taunter and remove the taunt for your teammates). Since multiple classes can have the same resistance, you would use the abilities first to determine which class the resistance represents. So for Tany, since it has a resilient ability, it’s distraction immunity would probably default default counting as resilient as well. That said, I agree with you that it should be a wild card regardless. Tany is probably the weirdest case to deal with, simply because it has so few abilities.

I agree, but I only added the stats into the class determination because tany is so close to being something she isn’t without them

1 Like