Silverhand Weapon Information

Well, I decided to finish the Silverhand trials because I was curious and I had some gems. Here is a description of the weapon I got…
I received a dagger for the wizard Sheverith called the “Dagger of Lasting Memory” or as I call it… “The Dagger of Subverted Expectations”. It will attack a single creature within one zone and do 150% damage (or) it has a 50% chance of “injuring” all monsters on the board for 100% damage which lasts for 3 rounds.
Ludia said they had studied how each character does battle and designed these new weapons to enhance their fighting style, well they failed miserably here. Now, when I played tabletop D&D, I was always throwing my mages up on the front lines. Their miniscule health and inability to wear armor makes them a great battle brute! :slight_smile: Seriously, Mages sit at the rear of the battle and hurl spells and only fight hand to hand as a last resort. This weapon would better suit a thief character. This just makes me sad.

4 Likes

I don’t like melee wizards. It works in certain games but not this one. Most of the damaging attacks in this game are pretty much ranged, why give up this advantage?
The dagger seems powerful, in paper, using it is an entirely different situation. In battle it’s so easily telegraphed, you see a wizard coming up you probably better kill her or she might injure your whole team to a slow dying state.
You know what else I don’t like about this dagger? Being dominated. If your wizard with this dagger gets dominated, might as well uninstall the game because this weapon will destroy your whole team whenever it wants.
It’s one of those high risk high reward items… sadly the risk doesn’t seem worth it. When trying to use this by normal means is like getting Neyali or Halbenet to melee anyone against a ranged team.

1 Like

We don’t have the same playstyle I use it and love it. When I get raika or naolem I use a pull ability on ranged target. I use the other ability as range attack. If a melee come forward I use it. And when in out of ability for range attack I side move to reset my other ability cooldown. Only problem I have with this character is whatever the weapon I use it doesn’t survive much.

I prefer the range of the Legendary personally. The proc is not as good, but you can cast from 3 zones, a huge advantage. I tried the silverhand both in pvp and pve and i agree, a wizard is not a tank and has little use for a melee weapon.

1 Like

Now I agree Legendary is a better weapon, but it can be effective in PvP, if you lose initiative, and they take the front line and usually taunt. Dagger pokes for a fair amount of damage or injures their entire team, instead of having to use your good spell on the tank. And if you have a tank to taunt you are not getting melee’d. But pvp is sooo situational it’s just one tactic.

Using Shevirath’s Dagger can quickly backfire on users.
I’m not sure how often I have faced an opponent using the new dagger, however, I know my heroes have not been harmed by it yet.
On the other hand, I have dominated my opponent’s Shevirath on the first turn and watched her quickly eliminate her own party, who were of course nicely positioned in the same row at the onset of the bout.

1 Like

This is a great discussion. I had never thought of using pull to get targets in range, I will have to try that. If you have your mage doing clost combat, what do your fighters do while the mage is kicking ass on the front lines? I can see a big tank in armor reading spell books around the fire :wink:

1 Like