Ludia Forums

Since battling has been completely ruined, is there a point to the game at all anymore?

I went ahead and unboosted and now I somewhat enjoy getting underdog wins against crutches, lol

5 Likes

You get out of it what you put into it. Does climbing the Arena mean that much to you? If not, then don’t worry. Do what some of us already do which is collect the dinosaurs and level them up. I play the Arena with my theme teams for the daily battle incubators and to help my Alliance. It isn’t the be all and end all for me. I much prefer to go out and collect the dinosaurs.

To me, it still is this… up to a point. If you don’t boost (and that is fine) there is a point you can get to without them. As long as you are happy getting to that point, it’s fun and fine. In my opinion at least.

2 Likes

The battles are definitely not fun and extremely poorly matched so that no matter how much you improve your roster, they won’t allow you to increase trophy count. I’m about to quit the game entirely. Is there anyway to complain to the programmers? They are super sucking at their job and although airing out grievances here is fine, no one at Ludia monitors or cares. Someone should know they are going to lose gamers if they don’t clean up their act

4 Likes

When my incs are filled and I’m done with the arena I’ve always been able to fall back on hunting. With the new dinos unhuntable I’m watching Benson season 2 while the incubators cook. I’m really hoping 1.12 isn’t all exclusive DNA.

2 Likes

@Tuco Levels still matter. I’m still using unboosted team around 5200 trophies. Can beat most evenly boosted teams and some overboosted monsters too. Only side effect is, that I’m limited to use certain dinos to stay competitive.

This exclusive dna nonsense ruin hunting. Would be way better to make all new creatures available wild.

2 Likes

Yeah i never truly understood why an ar game about going out and hunt had so many things that you cant actually go out and hunt.

And if im gonna be completely honest. I enjoyed the ar portion of the game way more during 1.4. Yeah weve had some quality of life improvements since then. But back then hunting was way more random and fun. 1.5 spawn mechanics actually share equal footing with boosts 2.0 as my least favorite change to the game.

4 Likes

I can’t remember how long ago, but I have said before that 1.4 was the best iteration of the game in my book.

2 Likes

Gimme 1.4 spawns and 1.5 arena minus dg2 and i would be happy… 1.4 the tank meta was still going strong and that wasnt my favorite meta.

3 Likes

Depends what you enjoy in the game, if its solely competitive PVP then I think that’s well and truely over, cant have balance and boosts.

If you are a collector or hunter or like strike towers and the new campaign thing things might be ok.

Fun is where you find it.

6 Likes

I battle for incubators and daily tasks only. It is kinda fun still, but most of my losses are to stupidly boosted creatures that I haven’t got a chance against. That’s not fun, obviously.

I don’t think it is a game for new players tho. I feel they are pretty much penalised.

3 Likes

which is why the don’t bother staying around. Can’t keep new players. Can’t retain older players with how bad some of the decisions are. (bugs and all). Something has to change to keep those new players that start. get them enthralled, keep them there, and maybe the game can start to recover.

3 Likes

It would be very hard for a new player to catch up now with boosts, since they need to level their team and get enough boosts to compete, be very challenging to do totally free.

4 Likes

I posted last night in another thread (Shape of things to come) the things I’m doing to keep the game fun. Basically I’m making level 30s of my favorite dinos just to play with in strike events. I’m keeping them all unboosted, and since they’re made of ingredients I can actually find around here during my daily hunts (no stupid event-only spawns!), I can make them rather easily. I started with an Allosaurus, then Suchotator, Tanycolagreus, Velociraptor, Spinotasuchus, and even what I used to call DracoceRAT-OPs back when it had swap-in rampage. I leveled that one just in case there’s ever a strike event hard enough to actually need it. So far I haven’t used it since last year’s April Fools Lord Lythronax strike, even for campaign level 72.

The latest level 30 I made is Gorgosuchus a few days ago. She’s an old favorite of mine from back in the days when Jurassic Ruins was the highest arena.

5 Likes

The question is why is arena important? Ludia and the current playerbase lost sight of what JWA is. It isnt a PVP game, its an explore and hunt game to which you upgrade a team to battle in arena to get more DNA to unlock more dinos.

I find myself enjoying the dart and explore aspect even now 1.5 years into the game. The battle aspect is just RNG with skill and boosts. Its not exactly a strategic battle platform.

My suggestion is to remove boosts and make hunting the key again. Players will have tons of scents to hunt dinos and complete Dinodex. Give HC rewards for getting X number of Uniques, Y number of creatures, etc…

3 Likes

Depends how you perceive the game, for me while I did love hunting, it was only to unlock and level new dinosaurs to battle with, so after the battle fun was taken from me the hunting was kinda pointless.

3 Likes

Exactly. I would be happy if the Arena went away and strike towers where the battle side of the game.

3 Likes

The problem with Ludia is that battling and incs both require arena if you wanna do more than your allotted amount. That aspect has not gotten better and thus becomes a problem for alliance missions.

Ludia wants arena to be important but put very little effort into making it anything special. The darting game mechanism is unique and takes time to get gud. The battling is just move selection and the occasional fastest fingers first. Every PVP or battle game is about that. PoGo’s battle.mode is at least unique if not phone damaging.

3 Likes

The only thing you can do now is complain on the forums. No point to even opening the game :smirk:
But wait… if you don’t play the game… you shouldn’t be on the forums!
Quite a conundrum, isn’t it? :rofl:

1 Like

Unless you are here for a good conversation and to see how the game is going :wink:

Complaints are just an added bonus haha

1 Like

nothing to do with this…
just remembered something.
did you know ark survival evolved has a mobile version of their game?

1 Like