Ludia Forums

Smilonemys nerfed! New stats

This nerf is terrible, no one has Smilo yet so we can’t actually tell how good it will be. It should be one of the best Dinos in the game considering how hard it is to actually create. Dropping its HP to 3990 is somewhat reasonable, but knocking its attack down to 1200 is absurd. There is consistent backlash against Dracorat, arguably the easiest legendary to create, and that has never seen a nerf of this level (barely any nerf at all). I can’t believe they actually did this.
In terms of usability it went from a solid Tyrant Dino to maybe mid apex now. I’m very disappointed.

3 Likes

Yeah, totally agreed. The hp nerf seems reasonable, but the damage nerf completely defeats the point of countering DC. If they get the damage back to 1500 it will be fine.

Petition for Ludia to revert the attack stat of Smilonemys incoming.

2 Likes

I mean, if it is meant to be a DC killer, having an attack stat that is lethal turn 1 is crucial. With the current set up, it can’t take out DC before it uses regen and gets out. Even if stunning strike does actually stun, that counters the swap in lockdown on DC, allowing it to run immediately if both were swapped at the same time. In terms of being the rat killer it was supposed to be, its predecessor beats it out.

2 Likes

I will sign it lol. But really, just the hp nerf was already enough. The damage nerf was too much. I don’t feel like going through the trouble of leveling it up now.

1 Like

And here I was sweating because I boosted Smilocephalosaurus for the rat, then it gets a hybrid, but only for that hybrid to get the axe before anyone gets it.

1 Like

For once in what may very well be the history of this company they decide to not only forgo boosts and coins sales by balancing an op creature in a hotfix… not only thing but Ludia even warnes us ahead of time there was a nerf comming.

Forums uses complained they nerfed it before we wasted coins and boosts

1 Like

Instead of always nerfing the uniques which are supposed to be the strongest and best in the game.
Why not do a nerf on Indo2 instead for example?
It’s only a legendary and it’s too powerful, and has a better moveset than her unique. Which makes no sense whatsoever, but then again Ludia never does :joy:
Uniques are harder to create and level up… so they should be stronger and not weaker than legendaries and epics :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Indo G2 is harder to create and level up in terms of dna, while Indo G1 is harder to level up due to coins. While I believe Indo G1 should be buffed, making it better than Indo G2 doesn’t make sense according to the lore in JWFK.

1 Like

Except Indo gen 2 is a lot harder to make than indo gen1, featuring a tournament exclusive epic, a local 1 night exclusive, and an admittedly common daily rare. Indo gen 1 is literally made of two dinos, one of which is a global night time spawn, the other a global anytime spawn.

That throws the “uniques are harder to make and should be better” argument out the window. Look at the rarity of components

1 Like

Its still harder to make her unique version in comparison to her legendary. Especially since she requires Rex (which also makes 3 uniques and 1 legendary), tons of raptor, then indom along with more raptor. You can make her legendary easier and faster by using the sanctuaries… where you only need 50 blue, and 2 rares that are easily to obtain in the wild. Especially since Rex2 is a global daily Dino on Friday. And again you can FiT the Dino’s in the sanc for the 50 needed per each fuse, which doesn’t take long. And also indom2 is supposedly a Saturday global daily Dino as well.
They are still making the unique version less stronger than her legendary version. Which is not how it’s supposed to be.
Uniques are the harder to make Dino’s in the game hence them being a unique, and being more rarer and harder to obtain.

1 Like

its perfect the way it is,unique are not supposed to be OP monster,
the game think about “superhybrid” way which is more clever

You’re forgetting that smilo is a Monday spawn and tumor tiger has, no joke, four ways to reduce damage. Armor, shield, distract, dodge. It has decent damage and is the second fastest dino with armor. It’s still broken, until they give it a proper nerf and reduce its speed and armor.

1 Like

Smilo starts as aTiger, and lands as a bedside rug.

the 50% have to stay,it make him an original unique.
I think,the nerf would come from somewhere else.
Probably speed

Damn, no way! I already think the damage nerf was too much, If they cut the armor then It won’t be special anymore. Though I totally agree with the health nerf.

so after the long reasoning and explaination for not to be nerfed, end up its still officially nerf now… sigh… sad news for a 3x epic unique… tryko just giggle with this news…

indo2 for my team soon then. i pity the smilnemy. R.I.P

2 Likes

a level 27 in the arena already? considering it needs the turtle, which is park only and

you cant scent it. someone has naturally found it at a park enough to get it to level 20, plus fuse it enough (at 200 per fuse) to get smilonemys to 27?

1 Like

And it’s not used by a bot?

It was a bot.