Ludia Forums

Smilonemys Opinions

After the Carbonemys month and events, and multiple sanctuary interactions, I’ve recently created and leveled Smilonemys to a decent level to be used on my team.

However I am finding her to be a bit lacking compared to the other creatures of her level.
More specifically, her attack seems way too low, Deliberate Prowl is situational at best, and not really that useful, and Impact and Run doesn’t really cut it due to the lacking attack.

Anyone else with a similar experience, or is there something that I am not seeing here?

4 Likes

I have one as well and feel the same. I think it could use a slight buff. Something like 1400 damage perhaps, or even 1300 damage and 4000 hp. I don’t know, but something.

I think the attack honestly way to low (maybe buffing it to 1.4k would help and deliberate I think sucks cause of the speed on things like thylo it’s grade because it usually slower and if a creature goes for a priority it does nothing and just gives it a boost next turn but I think that’s cause it’s attacks are hp based, anyway back to nemys I think it’s good but maybe that first attack should become maybe superiority for raptor or like distraction so chompers can’t just go thru it. But other than that I think it just need that need attack buff (although it shouldn’t go past 1,480)

I’ve come up against 2 or 3 and they where uncounterable without Thor. I personally think it has too much Armor or something, but my team isn’t super strong.

Well, having too much armor is the point of it, it’s what makes it special. Also, on equal levels, it beats Thor 100% of the time. Magna, Maxima, Tenrex and the Indos are Nemys’s true counters.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I thought chompers like Thor would take it out. How does Nemys take it out? Does it break defense?

2 Likes

Agreed on the damage, I think 1400 would be fair. Though I quite like it’s current kit. Long shielded strike is extremely useful on it to take non shattering hits. Deliberate prowl has proven useful as well. As a Nemys user I can say the kit is very good as it is.

1 Like

Nemys does exactly 4200 damage with it’s pounce and impact and run. Thor gets hit first with precise pounce, then the next move will kill it, so it uses instant charge, but since nemys has 50% armor and immunity to stuns, not even a crit on both hits from Thor will take it out. One impact and run later and Thor is dead.

2 Likes

I’ve never cared or looked into Smilonemys before, but I thought it’s kit was different. I’m not sure what I thought, but this isn’t what I remembered. But I do know I’ve at least lost to 2 Smilonemys before.

Haha yeah, it’s not that common in the arena, I rarely see it as well

1 Like

Yup, and all these are meta-relevant now, which kinda makes her a bit of a risk play against most dinos at the moment.

2 Likes

Indeed, though it is very good against Rinex, Dilo, Erlidom, Spyx, Yoshi and Tuora, with a win rate of 100%. The problem is, most of those are not that relevant. Tuora, Dilo and Rinex need some sort of buff to be more relevant.

1 Like

Well with all the erlidoms going around, including my own… it lowers the risk a little of using her right? Plus Thor is everywhere so that’s 2 dinos that get seen a lot. At least I think. I know one was responsible for one of my losses. When all I had left was a erlidom.

1 Like

True, though since most Thors are way higher leveled than most Nemys, it will take some time for them to catch up, so Nemys is left with countering erlidom for now

3 Likes

I use it. She’s alright underleveled, does her job, sucks against trykos. Buff DP please.

1 Like

I created it and never used it. It’s too ugly and stupid looking for me. It’s got some crazy shield/armor though hard to kill.

1 Like

Use it like a tank but not a speeder, then you’ll find it better. The role of it has completely changed from its legendary ingredient.

Yup, a speed boost would be nice with it.

As I mentioned in other thread, my level 28 Smilon with boosts is bad still. As I invested boosts in him thats why keeping him in team but really thinking about taking him out and replace him with level 27 Gemini (just reached level 27 on him) but really have to think if I spend my remaining few boosts on Smilon to try to make him better or use them on Gemini and replace Smilon.

His attack is very very low, and he can’t kill any tanky dino …

1 Like

Exactly, I’m just worried about the boosts she has, I’m waiting in case she gets a buff at some point.

1 Like