Ludia Forums

So... about the 2.9 resilient changes

Well, it finally happened. People kept saying that all the resilients are too strong, and lo and behold, Ludia nerfed pretty much all the resilients. I’m wondering what you all think about this.

First of all, the vast majority of resilients didn’t need any changes. Out of the 60 some dinos in the game with “resilient” attacks, how many ACTUALLY needed nerfs? Maybe half a dozen? Seriously, I want someone to give me a list. Whatever it is, it’s a limited number: it doesn’t warrant class-wide changes. Plus, I’m not convinced that deceleration is inherently problematic. Dinos like Stegodeus and Diorajasaur are basically all resilient attacks, and most people seem to agree that they’re balanced. Resilients are even some of the weakest dinos: the seven weakest legendaries on the most recent Gamepress tier list are all resilients.

No, the problem seems to stem from the fact that certain dinos are doing too much damage considering their ability to gain a speed advantage. Stuff like Hadros Lux just had too high a damage output given their survivability. But instead of doing simple damage nerfs in these few select cases, Ludia instead decided to revamp the entire class.

The funny thing is, while losing the ability to decelerate is a big nerf for many resilients, for others it just makes the existing problem of too much damage that much worse. Ceramagnus didn’t need RS to gain a speed advantage (since it has Group Acceleration), so now it can use that move slot to apply Vulnerability and hit even harder. Thanks Ludia.

For Vulnerability to even stand a chance of working, a few considerations would have to be made. For one, understanding that most resilients don’t need changes, many could have their resilient attacks swapped out for the similar superiority attacks. Secondly, since Vulnerability increases damage output (which is the innate problem here), resilients would need widespread damage nerfs corresponding to this change (which ironically is probably the only change they needed in the first place). Well, neither of these things happened: it was just a straight rework of the entire class, whether they needed it or not. So not only did Ludia choose what I believe to be the worst possible way of dealing with the few problem resilients that actually exist, they implemented this “solution” in what is probably the worst possible way. Perhaps worst of all, there won’t be a boost reset for this MASSIVE change; but that’s a hit unrelated to the actual change itself, so I won’t be discussing it here.

As I said in the main thread and previously, I’m extremely disappointed in these changes. I sincerely hope that Ludia takes a chance to receive some feedback first before implementing these changes. To start, let’s get your thoughts on the matter:

Do Resilients (as of 2.8) need to be nerfed?

• Yes, the entire class
  • Most of them do
  • Only some of them do
  • No, they don’t

0 voters

What is/are the main problem(s) with the resilient class (as of 2.8)? (If “Other”, please explain)

• Health
  • Attack
  • Speed
  • Resistances
  • Deceleration
  • Dodge removal/bypass
  • Distraction cleansing
  • None (problem with the Fierce class instead)
  • None (problem with the Cunning class instead)
  • None (Resilients are fine)
  • Other

0 voters

Do you agree with how Ludia handled the 2.9 resilient changes? (If undecided, put “other”)

• Yes, entirely
  • Yes for vulnerability, but it could have been done better
  • Neutral
  • No
  • Other

0 voters

Should Ludia reconsider how they are implementing the 2.9 resilient changes?

• Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

For posterity, if Ludia does go through with these changes (as they seem inclined to do), should there be a boost reset?

• Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Thank you for the feedback! I look forward to seeing where we’re at. If I’m wrong, so be it.

21 Likes

and whats up with no boost shuffle on something that changes an entire class. they did one for an update that was 1/10 this size.

33 Likes

That is just ridiculous how full hp lux counters mortem, very dissapointed with the changes

5 Likes

This update is honestly conflicting. Yay! We got new adorable creatures and some of our favorite under used uniques are now viable. But at a cost. We now have an entire class that has changes that severely harm some creatures, while it directly buffs others. It’s just not the way I would have handled it.

9 Likes

quick! give lux decel counter instead. it does not need a vulnerable counter tbh.

9 Likes

That’s exactly how I feel. If not for the resilient changes, this might be my favorite update in a long time. New dinos! Buffs for uniques that I actually agree with! (Giving Smilonemys a delay on R&R may be a bit much, but it at least got some stat buffs out of it so I think overall it’s better). Scorpius Rex Gen 3 actually gets it’s improved model! But the way they handled the resilient changes just kinda ruins it for me personally.

2 Likes

At least I have pigeon looking creature:

12 Likes

In all seriousness, if Ludia really wanted to rework resilient strike, they could have just replaced it with Superiority strike or something like that. That’s how I would do it.

8 Likes

The moment when you realize that Hadros Lux can potentially one shot Mortem Rex :no_mouth:

1 Like

But again, they didn’t. My preferred solution would be to make all resilient attacks precise instead of removing dodge and then replace all Superiority attacks with these new resilient attacks (essentially combining them), give certain resilients like Magnus and Hadros specific nerfs to target their individual strengths (like Magnus’ swap in or Hadros’ damage), give deceleration immunity to more fierce dinos (e.g. spinosaurs), and introduce more endgame-viable fierce dinos to give Thor and Mortem some company.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Thor. The changes are fine I guess, but why does it still have DOT resistance? I don’t know, it just doesn’t really make sense, and also swap prevention immunity. But that’s a story for another day.

3 Likes

I think it has DoT resistance to make the Stygidaryx raid actually doable. And yeah, stuff like Thor and Mortem that deal tons of burst damage shouldn’t have swap prevention immunity, it makes it too easy to swap to something like Magnus.

5 Likes

Now the way to counter Mortem is not to use cunning creatures, oh no no. Instead just use a resilient creature instead to possibly 2 shot it, even if you can’t take it out, just swap in a Ceramagnus, it will deal extra damage.

you can remove “potentially” from the sentence, now hadros can take down any chomper turn 1 basically

1 Like

It does generally need to outspeed them though, but we’ll have to see how it shakes out

1 Like

I don’t think it really matters if you are faster or not, you still get vunerability through Hadros, it’s probably better that you are slower, since you can put more stat boosts into health and damage so you can kill the Hadros easier, without dying in one turn

1 Like

I put potentially for a reason. The only way lux can one shot a mortem is if it goes second. Note my comment was based off a unboosted scenario.

1 Like

I can also see Sarcorixis making comeback in the meta, it has vulnerability immunity, and is a tank, that can dish out damage, not to mention that it can stop the Hadros and Ceramagnus swap-in combo that will come out of this update. Also now it can now inflict vulnerability, for extra damage.

4 Likes

lux is doing over 13K in two turns when slower thanks to the vulnerable debuff.
keep in mind, indom can only do 8500 with revenge cloak into rampage.

4 Likes

RE. I just did the math and thor Also gets shreded to pieces by hadros due to that resistance nerf .this is now not funni anymore.hadros counters whole class now

2 Likes