So close

With new migration stuff any idea where/when to find a monolophosaurus in the wild? I’m out of event attempts.

@Jnuttengr local zone 3 :slight_smile: i live in one and ive seen a few lately…

(Edited to upload picture to make it easier, in case you need to know what spawns in each zone)

Yeah, I live in an L3 and have had at least 3 spawn since the update.

I may come across as a noob here but I haven’t really figured out the zone thing, is it simply comparing your local spawns to the ones listed? I assume there is a little more to it since people have mentioned boundaries between zones and where they are.

I’m still trying to get a handle on the fine details of the game as there are a few dinos I would love to get more DNA for but haven’t got a real idea where to start looking.

There’s a little more to it.

There are 3 main types of spawns: global, park/green space, and local. Additionally, certain dinosaurs will only appear at certain times of the day (day/dawn/dusk/night).

Global spawns will appear anywhere as long as it’s the proper designated time. For example, T-Rex and Apatosaurus are global daytime spawns. Utahraptor is a global anytime spawn.

Park spawns are generally seen (you guessed it) in or near park spaces. This includes Tanycolagreus, Gryposuchus, and Argentinosaurus.

Lastly, local spawns are “habitat-dependent” or tend to appear only in certain areas. For example, Tuojiangosaurus is a Habitat Zone 3 (L3) spawn and appears near creatures like Triceratops Gen 2 and Iguanodon; Giraffatitan is a Habitat Zone 4 resident with Suchomimus and Parasaurolophus.

There’s a slim chance that a creature will spawn outside of its designated zone or at a different time than what’s established, but if you’re seeing a lot of the same creatures, you should feel confident that you’re in a particular habitat zone.

I’d recommend checking out the entire blog that @Peter_B referenced over at MetaHub.info via the link below. If you take screenshots of the charts as references, it might be super helpful while you’re out darting dinos.

(https://metahub.info/guide/1657/jurassic-world-alive-spawn-mechanics-post-1-3-update-where-to-find-specific-dinosaurs-spawn-rates/)

During my research I did come across that article and it has helped me iron out some of the details, it’s just the habitat zones and how to identify them was a little fuzzy. I suppose I was expecting a more definitive explanation on how to identify them (such as maps).

So based on those images I appear to be in L4 judging by the amount of Allosaurus and Parasaurolophus spawns (with the odd Suchomimus popping up for good measure). But some questions remain - How big would the zone be? Which zones border on mine, is it random or is there a pattern? Do I just compare and contrast the nearby spawns and try and work it out from there?

I appreciate your assistance with my bewildered queries. :grin:

Seems I’m in a L4 as well as all the common spawns seem to be the same and funny enough an Anklyo and Secondontosaurus just popped outside my place.

I see a lot of L3 and L4 spawns where I live in North Florida. Do local zones overlap? I’ve been trying to figure out the local spawns - thanks, BTW, Metahub, you’re doing a great job! - and it’s just not that clear cut to me.

A short distance away from me I see a lot of Deinocheirus and Sarcosuchus spawns, so I assume that means I border an L2 zone. That would be handy actually, would love to get more DNA for my Pyroraptor. I missed out on the Pyrritator during it’s special event and I keep hearing good things about it.