So I just watched Dominion Yesterday.. (PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT YET!)

So here are my thoughts of the movie. I don’t know why people don’t like it, it was overall pretty cool because It showed a bunch of high-detailed dinos, and it didn’t really make you realize that they’re just models and animatronics. Also I love how they brought back OG Dilo, that was surprising. The fight at the end with Rexy and Theri was insane, I love how Rexy just pushed Giga into Theri’s claws, that was so cool I could watch it all day. And I just love all the references and Easter eggs to JP. Dodgson leaving behind the same blue can Nedry left behind before getting soaked in venom by you know who, Alan saying he know the voltage power of the lab in Biosyn because he got flashbacks to the Electric fence. It’s pretty cool how they still admire the first movie they made around 29 years ago and still have the characters to act in the most present one. So overall it was pretty good. A lot of action and well, just the sheer excitement dinosaurs can bring to a movie. 9/10.

4 Likes

I say yes ! I agree, I even made a review on youtube, don’t watch it, it’s in French
8/10

2 Likes

on the other hand I find dogstone was a bad villain and I think that giga he should have survived like a spino from JP3

2 Likes

Wait Giga survived?!?

2 Likes

no, of course not, translation problem, sorry, I meant it should have survived

2 Likes

Oh yeah makes sense I agree

2 Likes

Also I’ve seen you at jwa artwork you’re so good keep up the good work!!

2 Likes

@moderators

1 Like

I did a spoiler warning in the title.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s nice

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the movie too! It was so much fun. They really went out of the box with this one. It was SO different from all the other movies that it really felt like Jurassic WORLD. The locusts were especially great. Felt very much Crichton technothriller-like, and that is the core of JP is you ask me.
Only bad part for me was the final fight. In my opinion they pointlessly kill the giga. Felt like a lame copy paste of the Indominus fight (which was super good).
Also kaiju-sized mosa nuzzling the comparatively tiny whales at the end :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah The end scene fight was kind of quick and pointless, but I love how Rexy and Theri team up. It actually feels pretty wholesome how a blind Dino can team up with the most powerful one! Also I didn’t think Theri was almost as big as Giga!

2 Likes

Had to pee through the entire movie and it still managed to keep my attention. Loved it, my dad loved it, and so did my cousins. Would have liked to see the Rex v Giga prologue, but that’s coming in the extended cut.

4 Likes