Ludia Forums

So we're really just ignoring the resilient moves?

There are so many dinos with them… They’re the real reason why cunning critters couldn’t shine in the arena.

Are we really just going to keep all of these moves? Including on dinos where it doesn’t really make sense to have them?

What are you talking about? Nobody is ignoring them. Its a problem consistently mentioned and discussed in length on this forum.

1 Like

I’m referring to Ludia with the latest update. My wording could be better.

They should just bypass dodge instead of removing it, little change.

1 Like

There definitely is an inbalance in the cunning/fierce/resilient system, and I agree that the cunning buffs will not be enough to fix this. But the more I think about it, the more I’m convinced that resilient attacks (both the number and strength of them) are not the problem here. For one, ALL cunning are faring poorly in the arena, even those without access to dodge. Making resilient moves precise wouldn’t change that. And it doesn’t really matter how many creatures in the game have them, because you only get 8 for your team, and most people seem to run 3-4 resilients. I think the main problem is there isn’t any risk for fielding a resilient creature. If you start with a cunning, and the opponent sends in a resilient, you are effectively countered. The same is usually true for a fierce if you run into a cunning. But for a resilient, there just aren’t enough fierce in the arena to worry about, and they can even gain an advantage against them most of the time with deceleration. If you’ve noticed, most of the best fierce right now are immune to deceleration. So of fierce were able to make resilients quake in their boots the way resilients make cunning, the game might balance out. I know they said that cunning had too poor a matchup against fierce, but I wonder if they were counting fierce-resilient hybrids in this calculation, because that would change things a LOT. I’m curious what the Maxima and Tryko nerfs will do to the meta.

2 Likes