So what are you doing while quarantined?

I’ve done some forging, school work and I have been playing so much videogames. lol. I gotta think something more to do.

3 Likes

Great topic, @Asta! I realize that I may need to live vicariously through this thread haha.

My human hybrids have been indulging me in my desire for playing table games with them!

2 Likes

At least he understands. :slight_smile:

My mother is high risk, as is my Grandparents. So its rough staying away from them, but necessary.

@LadyHadden Thanks!
I don’t have kids, nor a significant other, so I’m stuck in the house with all my furry, feathery, and scaley critters. I would of gone mad by now if it weren’t for my ps4. :laughing:

1 Like

NJ, I’m still working.
Kfc.
It’s brutal.
SO. MANY. people still want chicken.
Thought this would be a mini vacation… thought wrong.

6 Likes

I miss taking 2-4 hour long walks through the city every day.
Now I’m starting to deal with some weird problems such as tickling fingers and toes. Not sure if it’s related to the sudden lack of exercise.
I’m using up the 3hr scents daily and grab some wuerho, tenonto, kapro, and erlikos, also I do my battles for incubators/missions and sometimes for fun.
Other stuff I’m working on: a 2D game in Game Maker, and in parallel preparing models for a 3D game that’s supposed to not be as long as the 2D one and likely will be made in Godot if it allows for all I have planned for it.
And when I have more time, I sometimes write a new chapter of a sci-fi story.
Other than that, I wash the dishes once my mom is done cooking or after my parents eat, or I vacuum clean the house, take care of my fish tank, newt tank and terrarium and the creatures inside them.

6 Likes

I’m working from home.

I go out for 2 mile walks before work and at lunch in the morning playing JWA on my 2 accounts. If it’s warm enough, at least 50° F, I’ll get out on my bike after work.

My cats like me working from home and have to sit there beside me alllll daaaay. They like the cushy pillows.

I use my 42" TV as a second screen for working but if I don’t need it, I flip it over to the TV and listen to movies while I work.

I like working from home, so far. Maybe when things get back to normal, my work place will let some of us continue to work from home.

5 Likes

It if makes you feel better, being a native Kentuckian, I just make my own chicken. :rofl:
My brother in law works for YUM so I know him and my sister order KFC for them and their two kids.

@Detonatress oooo, what kind of game?

2 Likes

I’m digging the spiderweb lights! :o

I wish I could work from home, but its difficult building 600+ trucks from my house. :laughing:

1 Like

Very little of anything. I end up sleeping too much. My jwa is messed up and can’t play it until support gets back Monday. Try to find some movies to watch but just surf movies until I’m bored with that. Spend most of my time with my furry companions. We’re on stay at home until the governor says otherwise. Everyone is pretty much holed up in their respective bedrooms.

4 Likes

The 2D one is called Radatrax, and has a mix of shmup/TDS/platformer styles. The story is about a spherical robot created by someone who asks it in a letter (yeah, he forgot to code the instructions in a rush before his death) to stop one of the world’s spirits, the Land Spirit, from destroying the world in rage. The robot can kill other spirits (nature, fire, water, wind, electricity, light) in order to acquire their strength to fight the land spirit, but there’s a catch: doing so will change the world to be more hazardous to the player, plus the implications of what happens to the people you are supposed to protect. Currently it’s close to being a demo, it’s being tested on a discord server.

The 3D one currently has a working title as “These Stars Behind Me”. It’s going to be about an intelligent drone named 02 being sent into an alien space station in another universe by two wacky human scientists, and it has a mission to retrieve a powerful energy source at the center of the station. Then it ends up in this 1001 Nights style situation where the drone is contacted via text messages by an alien robot that tries to convince it through telling it stories to not seek the energy source. It would be up to the player if it would side with the alien robot or the scientists, but siding with the scientists will complicate the trip to the center. The game would cover arts and artistic freedom of an extinct alien civilization.
Mechanics would involve making use of a flashlight and 3 color filters to explore the space station, and sometimes making use of sound or moving some objects around. An example of how the flashlight and filters can be used: a blue crystal requires blue light to cause it to perfectly cast a shadow shape onto a certain slot on a wall. Or some paintings would require using a certain type of light to see fluorescent clues on it or to tell which symbols look dark when under a certain light.

4 Likes

Wow! That sounds pretty interesting! I can’t code to save my life. :rofl:

2 Likes

Game Maker’s language is pretty easy to learn and doesn’t require much thinking. And if you go by the drag and drop programming, it is even easier, but too cluttered so I prefer to code in text except for minor instructions like “rotate after mouse”. Godot’s is closer to C though, and I have forgotten pretty much everything about C++ and Pascal I’ve barely learned about in high school before they fired our best teacher and hired one who only let us play on the PC instead of actually coding.

1 Like

You completely lost me. :rofl:

1 Like

I took an introductory course to html coding a few years ago. I had no idea what i was doing half the time. :joy: It was fun, but definitely not for me. when i broke something, it took a good while to figure out what happened. And even then i wasn’t sure.

2 Likes

@Detonatress, I can imagine that the book you’re writing is going to be amazing and fantastic!! You make even coding sound interesting and fun! Please, let me know when it is completed!

1 Like

I tried that a long time ago (10 years might have passed), made some web pages as examples for the boss I had then, but then we moved on to just using website makers online since they were easier to use instead of coding from scratch.

1 Like

Maaaaan, I hope I don’t lose power tonight. We’re suppose to get some really bad storms. There has been tornadoes in western KY so far and its heading my way.
@Phil you stay safe too tonight.

Screenshot_20200328-195648

4 Likes

This is the description of the story called Server:
“Corby Yggdrasil is a forgetful young man. Ora is his personal assistant robot that can somewhat predict future events. They are constantly hunted by authoritarian forces, and things get complicated when Ora develops an obsessive attachment to Corby.”
The story currently has a few chapters on the Fictionpress website. Not sure if I’m allowed to link to it though.
Also, this is Ora:

4 Likes

Your coworker is very adorable :heart:

3 Likes

Hoping the same in Ohio, we’re being told there’s a very high chance for tornadoes. I do not want to do that again, we’ve still got wreckege from memorial day.

2 Likes