Some times I just shake my head!

I’ve been playing this game for 4 years or so. Last year my 5-year-old LG Android became unable to play the game no matter how optimized I made the phone. A month or 2 later I got a new LG phone, and after I used the LG device swap tool, the game played fine again on the new phone. So I’ve been playing for a year. Tonight when I logged into the game there was a storage warming that I’ve seen before, so I deleted an entirely different game to make space. I then attempted to log in a second time. The game did its occasional small update and then game opened… but it had started an entirely NEW game with a brand NEW support key. My old phone which my son uses as a wifi tablet now, still has the game on it, and it has updated to the current version with my support key that I had been playing on, but the game crashes on startup because I assume the phone is too old, same problem as before. So after a year, my game is caught somewhere between my old and new phone, and in either case I can’t play it. I’ve got hundreds of dollars wrapped up in the game buying starter packs and being a VIP for 2 years. I’m not starting over if I can’t get this to work. Can someone help?

I’m sorry to hear that, Jbeck. Our support team can help out with this situation should you contact them directly at support+forums@ludia.com. If you could include your support key or some account info in your message to them, it’d be helpful.

Thanks!

1 Like