Something sad about JP3

Typical movie trope: the ones actually doing the grunt work are never informed of anything. Especially things that could make them very dead.

1 Like

Those guys that got noshed by Mosa were expendable henchmen working for Mills and Wu.

If they were told that there was a good chance that Mosa was still alive, do you think they’d willingly go in there?

2 Likes

They most likely weren’t even informed that the Rex was very much alive, and on the island. Those guys were there, looking for an IRex bone, and look what else they found. Typical dumb movie henchmen.

1 Like

Is all this DX virus stuff and Spino wiping out the population canon or just fan stuff or from comics?

Also while yes there is a Spino skeleton in Jurassic World, it doesn’t mean its from the exact same one from Sorna! In fact doesn’t even mean that its real either (though based on the fact they generally “Spare no expense” its probably real).

1 Like

It’s been established as canon. Klayton Fioriti’s got tons of background stuff that’s been used by Universal on promotional websites that a lot of people don’t know much about.

The one that really made me hate ingen was their “Operation Clean Sweep”, done on Sorna after the failure of the park in JP1. The purpose of this op was to destroy the Brachiosaurs on Nublar and Sorna, using DX. While this worked on Nublar, it had limited effect on Sorna, and the Compys became disease carriers from feasting on infected corpses.

1 Like

Oh and something I found weird about JP is that Hammond always claims to have “Spared no expense”, yet when Nedry is talking to Dodson at the start he says “Don’t get cheap on me Dodson, that was Hammonds mistake”…implying Hammond cheaped out LOL.

Edit: Or Nedry is just being unrealistic about how much he should get for his services!

Hammond didn’t cheap out. He was very fair to Nedry. Nedry just got really greedy, once he found out what was going on behind the scenes at the park.

2 Likes

Ahh yes I see, makes sense!

Edit: They actually joke about the whole spared no expense thing in LEGO Jurassic World, they are outside the visitor centre and Hammed says “Spared no expense” and part of the building falls off haha!

Dodgson worked for Biosyn, ingen’s main competitor. Nedry contacted him to inform Biosyn of what Hammond was really up to.

Is Biosyn still around in the JP/JW universe? or did they go under after Nedrys failure to deliver the goods?

That is something that isn’t currently known, but I’d have to say no, they most likely went bankrupt earlier on. They weren’t mentioned at all in the novel of The Lost World.

1 Like

Or they could have been bought later on by Masrani. He bought ingen, why not have both?

I’m pretty sure Dodson was the one who pushed Sarah Harding into the sea in The Lost World novel. And if my memory serves right he is also trying to steal dino eggs off of Sorna as another attempt to acquire the InGen dinosaurs.

Now what I don’t remember is what happens to him… But I think maybe he gets eaten by one of the Rexes when he tries to steal the eggs? I need to reread that part about the novel.

I’m pretty sure Dodgson was the one who pushed Sarah Harding into the sea, trying to get her killed in the novel. He also goes to Sorna, trying to steal some dino eggs off of Sorna, trying to acquire the InGen dinosaurs once again.

Now what I don’t exactly remember perfectly is what happens to him… But I think he gets ripped to shreds by Buck after trying to steal the Rex eggs. But I need to reread that part.

I’m pretty sure Dodgson was the one who pushed Sarah Harding into the sea, trying to get her ki lled in the novel. He also goes to Sorna, trying to steal some dino eggs off of Sorna, trying to acquire the InGen dinosaurs once again.

Now what I don’t exactly remember perfectly is what happens to him… But I think he gets ripped to shreds by Buck after trying to steal the Rex eggs. But I need to reread that part.

Was just reading about how that DX virus was kinda like Mad cow disease, sending animals crazy! Could this have been why the Spino because so aggressive and stopped hunting fish (like its believed to have done irl) and instead turn to wiping out all the other Dinos?

Edit: and if so could this have been affecting Indominus? after all it was super aggressive and killed pointlessly!

I’m pretty sure Dodgson was the one who pushed Sarah Harding into the sea, trying to get her ki lled in the novel. He also goes to Sorna, trying to step al some dino eggs off of Sorna, trying to acquire the InGen dinosaurs once again.

Now what I don’t exactly remember perfectly is what happens to him… But I think he gets rip ped to shreds by Buck after trying to set al the Rex eggs. But I need to reread that part.

What the hell is wrong with the flagging system? My posts keep getting autoflagged and I can’t understand why…

That’s the prevailing theory. The Spino itself was the result of illegal activities by Wu in violation of the Gene Guard Act of 1995, and never officially listed on any ingen manifest.

The same with Mosa. She was the result of illegal activity by Wu, done behind Masrani’s back.

Actually based on the aggressive actions of Indominus, I wonder if inGen used the Spino as a kind of “test” phase for the future Indom!

2 Likes