Ludia Forums

Speaking of Families

So while Ludia is unveiling families, here’s something I have been keeping tabs on this whole time. It definitely lends itself to showing where some new dinosaurs could be added to the game.

Tyrannosaurs
T-Rex
T-Rex G2
Tarbosaurus
Gorgosaurus
Lythronax
Proceratosaurus

Dromaeosaurs
Utahraptor
Pyroraptor
Velociraptor
Blue
Charlie
Delta
Echo

Allosauroids
Allosaurus
Allosaurus G2
Concavenator

Spinosaurs
Spinosaurus
Spino G2
Baryonx
Bary G2
Irritator
Irritator G2
Suchomimus

Megalosaurids
Megalosaurus
Monolophosaurus
Monoloph G2

Ceratosaurids
Majungasaurus
Rajasaurus
Carnotaurus

Ornithomimusaurs
Gallimimus
Ornithomimus
Deinocherius

Therizinosaurs
Erlikosaurus
Erlikosaurus G2

Other Theropods
Tanycologreus
Dilophosaurus
Dilo G2

Diplodocoids
Apatosaurus
Diplodocus
Amaragasaurus
Bajadasaur

Macronaria
Brachiosaurus
Giraffititan
Argentinosaurus

Hadrosaurs
Maiasaura
Parasaurolophus
Edmontosaurus

Iguanodonts
Iguanodon
Ouranosaurus
Tenontosaurus

Pachycephalosaurs
Pachycephalosaurus
Stygimoloch
Stygi G2
Dracorex
Draco G2

Ceratopsians
Sinoceratops
Triceratops
Nasutoceratops
Tricera G2
Einiosaurus

Ankylosaurs
Ankylosaurus
Ankle G2
Euoplocephalus
Nodosaurus
Scolosaurus

Stegosaurs
Stegosaurus
Tuojiangosaurus
Kentrosaursu
Wuerhusaurus
Mirigaia

Avids
Phorusracos
Kelenken

Rhamphorhynchdea
Darwinopterus
Dimorphodon
Scaphognathus

Pterodachyloidea
Pteranodon
Dsungaripterus
Tupandactylus
Queztalcoatlus
Arambourgiana
Hatzegopteryx
Alanqa

Crocodilians
Purussaurus
Puruss G2
Sarcosuchus
Gryphosuchus
Postosuchus
Kaprosuchus
Nundasuchus

Other Reptiles
Carbonemys
Meiolania
Titanoboa
Titanoboa G2
Scutosaurus

Synapsids
Dimetrodon
Dimetrodon G2
Ophiacodon
Secodontosaurus
Inostrancevia
Arctops
Moschops

Artiodactyla
Entelodont
Archaeotherium
Megaloceras
Eucladoceros

Perissodactyla
Wooly Rhino
Elasmotherium
Brontotherium

Other Mammals
Smilodon
Wooly Mammoth
Marsupial Lion

Amphibians
Koolosuchus
Kool G2
Diplocaulus
Diplo G2

Some of these could be split-up further, but I think it sheds some light on which clades are best represented.
Edit: Moved Proceratosaurus, Renamed “Allosauroids,” Split Sauropods & Ungulates

Everytime I see this, I think

“Sweet Home Alabama”

We could definitely get more creatures with the Pachy skeleton. Same for the Woolly Mammoth.

Conca is a Carcharodontosaurid, but I can see that it’s the only one, so you’ve put it in Allosauridae…
Proceratosaurus was actually an early tyrannosar

I think the confusion is between the family Allosauridae and the superfamily Allosauria. The family Charcharodontosauridae is Allosaurian, but not Allosaurid.
Concavenator should be in its own family here, Charcharodontosauridae, as @anon66230878 said.

As for Proceratosaurus, it’s placement under Other Theropods is fine, but ideally it should be in its own family, since “Other Theropods” isn’t a family of dinosaurs.
Proceratosaurus is a Tyrannosauroid (superfamily Tyrannosauroidea) just like all the members of family Tyrannosauridea, but it is in its own family, Proceratosauridae.

Using the word family loosely, Lythronax should be under “Counter-attacking Medium Theropods” with Concavenator, Rajasaurus, etc.

You look at this from scientific point of view. Ludia does not. Conca won’t be in Allo family just like Bary and Irri won’t be in Spino family. Only model and animation matters here, with the exception of that Bajadasaurus abomination

For example Elasmotherium isn’t related to Brontotherium at all, but they’ll probably both belong to the same family

These have the ability to be split apart further. In fact, “Synapsids” and “Other Reptiles” is not at the same level of organization as “Tyrannnosaurs,” therefore, until more Carchardontids are added, I think it’s best that they will remain grouped with the Allosaurs. I did see cause to split the Sauropods and The Ungulates though. Your input is appreciated.

This is just like how postosuchus and kaprosuchus are in the same family, even though they aren’t closely related at all

1 Like

Here’s a point:
Could you see Ludia putting Crocodilians, Phytosaurs and Champsosaurus in the same “family group?”
It’s like Synapsids being in the “Amphibian Scent.” Like what?

Ludia puts creatures that look like they could have similar movements on the same rig. In Jurassic Park Builder, they put Deinosuchus on the same rig as Megalania, and they also put Kaprosuchus on the same rig as Smilodon. The rig is the deciding factor. Everything with the anky animation is an ankylosaur. Everything with the kapro animation is in the same family. Everything with the carno animation is in the same family, even though lythronax and majungasaurus and megalosaurus aren’t that closely related

This wouldn’t be as proceratosaurus would be in the “dilo” family

1 Like