Ludia Forums

Special Offer keeps popping up and slowing down the game

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description: Special Offer keeps popping up and slowing down the game.

Area is was found in: In the game.

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- I do something else involved in the game like a battle.

Step 2 - Come back to the screen showing the tabs, and get the Special offer pop up. This slows the game loading up.
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: At least a dozen times today.

What type of device are you using:Samsung S7 edge

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)

4 Likes

I keep seeing that too.

I don’t know if that is slowing the game for me, but something is. Game is laggy, slow since 1.9. Darting is also bad as the darts don’t fire properly.

1 Like

It doesn’t slow my game down, but it is super irritating and it hides when the 6 hour is ready to collect. Let it show once per “special offer” on start up like it used to.

2 Likes

I agree. I keep thinking there’s actually another special offer.

1 Like

Hey Whitecat31, if you haven’t already, could you send your support key over to our team at support+forums@ludia.com so they can take a look at your account? Thanks!

Everybody has it. The big problem for me, I don’t remember to collect the 6 hr incubator since I don’t see it has timed out.

1 Like

me too thanks

Fed up of the special offer popping up every few mins.

2 Likes

Same here, along with the mail notification from TapJoy.

1 Like

It was one of the ‘fixes’ brought by the latest mini-update - wasted developer time on something that was not broken rather than dealing with the many things that are. I guess they were trying to make sure players looked in the store at least once a day even if they didn’t restart the app. However, after this little ‘fix’, that button pops up every few minutes - at best, wasting time and two clicks to get rid of it every time, at worst covering up the announcement that the free incubator is ready and making the players have to scroll down to see some things on the screen (again wasting player time) and distracting attention. Very annoying and unnecessary!

1 Like

Good God Ludia, I remember that there used to be special offer pop-ups at the bottom of my toolbar but they would go away forever once I checked out the store. Now it seems like every time I launch the game there is always a special offer pop-up at the bottom even though I’ve looked at it already. It’s hogging my timer for my free incubator and I can’t see when I get my new one. CAN. YOU. NOT?

No means “NO.”

1 Like

what ticks me off are the ads for VIP when I spin a supply box.
NO YOU CAN’T HAVE MY MONEY I AM BUSY PLAYING F2P MODE! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yes, it’s aggravating. Dart a dinosaur? It refreshes. Do a battle? It refreshes. Open an incubator? It refreshes. Fuse, boost, or evolve a dinosaur? It refreshes. Go into a Sanctuary? It refreshes. Tab out to another window on my phone? It refreshes.

The rage is real. GET. IT. OFF. MY. SCREEN.

Oh, right, the Special Offer notification was actually grating on my nerves so much as of late, I completely forgot about the Tapjoy nonsense. I mean, I’m an Apple user so I no longer get game offers, only endless page after page after page after page surveys that have not ONCE ever paid out (if I could ever navigate 40+ pages of a single question per page to get to the end in the first place). Well, and those product “sales” which give a MINUS % efficiency value compared to buying Hard Cash straight-up.

Sent email. Seeing as how it is super annoying, I would hope you guys will work on it.

Interestingly, it does NOT show up on my secondary device with my secondary account (which is not VIP).

Maybe it just annoying us that has VIP? If so, I’m cancelling VIP.

1 Like

After talking with some members of my alliance, it seems more likely that this problem is only affecting VIP members.

Because of that, I have now cancelled my VIP subscription.

1 Like