Speedtie

That’s it. Carry on.

2 Likes

They’re less present here because of the wider selection, but any amount of current speed ties is too many. Just make it random already, at least with randomness everyone gets screwed over the same amount instead of some players being favored.

1 Like

They aren’t less present for me! Gemini, Magna, Tryko, Rhino, Tenonto… I’m using them and so are most of my opponents. Not to mention that we have Spyx and Rinex at the same speed of Magna, Dioraja at same speed as Tryko, and Maxima at same speed as Tenonto… LOTS of speedtie here…

I really dislike speed ties. Your geographic location dictates the outcome. Highly unfair.

5 Likes

To be honest, PvP in general for JWA is pure broken. Why bother to fix speed tie when RNG and matchmaking are already broken?

Ludia needs to overhaul the whole PvP idea and make the game actually Jurassic World Alive not Jurassic World Dying.

Speed ties are just another reason never to play skill tournaments besides the RNG aspect.

1 Like

Definitely aren’t less present, having a legendary/epic team in a unique tournament sucks a lot, and even more when half the game is about who can button mash faster. And most of the time even if I button mash faster I lose :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Yup,yet another tournament not worth playing

For THIS tournament, indeed. RNG plays the bigger part in it… way less skill. A Unique team has almost everything with higher percent crit, so most matches are total chaos and randomness. It’s who gets the 20% crit or not with Magna, Tenonto, Tryko, Spyx… Still, there are some skill in it. Mostly the same “lucky” names on top100 and top50 and since once again I’m one of them (for now at least), I can assure it’s not just luck and winning speedties… I am VERY unlucky in many of these tourneys and still lose most ties.

But again, once skill is matched like in these higher ranks, Crits and speedties decide everything…

2 Likes

Yeah, once you hit the skill ceiling to win you need a good location, a heck of a lot of time and patience, and that’s basically it.

1 Like

They should have a Paper, Scissors, Rock minigame for speedties.
Pure paper scissors rock I mean… None of this Scissor/Rock hybrid nonsense.

Also take a moment for us poor NZ players, we beat no one in speedties.

1 Like

I feel like that just adds more RNG to it. And even though I now lose 90%+ of all speedties, I’d still take that over RNG deciding move order.

Not a programmer but a programmer has told me there should just be a way for them to line up the different response/upload times so it is actually who clicks faster, not your location/device/internet connection

2 Likes

Then we’ll all just lose to these damn youngens… With their fancy reaction speed!
I remember when I could react to things.

1 Like

But…why? RNG would be objectively better.

1 Like

The forum has this conversation once in a while, at least once a month. And I think we just still need to find some way that isn’t RNG or connection dependent. I know good points have been brought up before but I forget most of them lol.

Another way would just be to have both attacks land at the same time.

1 Like

Because I can play knowing I will lose speed ties and work around them. Only play the speedties as a last resort.
Whereas with RNG, every move I’ll just be crossing my fingers and hoping that it comes through for me.
I feel like in skill tournaments there is already enough RNG.

This would be fair… but imagine the ties…

Hmmm.
Characters

1 Like

Another idea is…
Boosted skill tournaments.
Every player gets x amount of each boost to use on their team however they like. All level 26.
Reduces speedties because different people will boost their teams in different ways. Also could allow for more variety in skill tournaments and make them less RNG/speedtie based.

I’m no programmer but I seriously, seriously doubt that… In my old phone you could clearly see the lag even after you pushed the button. And I’ve once played with a phone that took 5 to 10 seconds for the buttons to even appear. One of my alliance members also has a phone like that. I don’t think the opponent would have that same delay with a better phone and connection…

1 Like