Ludia Forums

Spending DB in prize drop

I am not subscribed to VIP but I have unlocked 95% of tournament dinosaur. I have this offer and want to know what you guys think. I am thinking about the VIP dinosaur (not the tournament/gold packet). Do you guys think is worth to spend DB 5000++ for the VIP dinosaur chance? I am not subscribed to VIP so I don’t have the 50k value dinosaur but I do have about 20 common VIP dinosaurs at level 20.
Thoughts? @Sionsith @Mary_Jo @Potato @DinoStan

image|690x387

Probably not. Those are still chance for what dino you would get. I would likely pass.

2 Likes

No way. I have only a couple of times gotten one of the more rare ones (this week I got another Eudimorphodon, which I have twice as many of as the next closest Jurassic. Sigh). If I paid 5K for a VIP I’m sure I’d end up with another Tylosaurus.

2 Likes

It boils down to what does your VIP lineup look like. There is no telling what your going to end up with. You’ve got lots of Dinobucks, so you can afford to pay to spin the wheel a couple of times, although you’d probably get a better return spending points on a pack, but you have half as many loyalty points. If you just want VIP creatures, go ahead. If you’re looking for something in particular, you probably won’t get it

2 Likes

This morning, I spent 2,002 dB to top up my shortfall from last week. Spun the wheel and landed on a diamond pack with an Eolambia card. Each week I spend slight less, maybe 1,500-1,800 dB, coz we lost a day (Monday, system down) an I forgot to do the first slot one day. Just my opinion, I think it’s worth the try. VIPs hatch so fast even if you speed up the hatch it’s only 100 dB. If it makes you happy and you can afford it, go for it. YOLO.

1 Like

Based on the fact that VIP creatures in the trade harbor if they get it fixed will run you 11,000 DB for one (granted you know what you are getting) I say it’s worth it, there are a lot worse things you could spend your DB on.

1 Like

While that’s certainly true, I never hate to pay 11K DB for a random VIP myself. I am certainly willing to pay 11K LPs for one I specifically want, if they ever get that working though. I guess if I wasn’t a VIP and had plenty of DBs to spare it might be worth doing though, as you point out, the VIPs have such good stats and low hatch times and CDs, that you really can’t go wrong in obtaining one whether a bit pricey or not.

@DinoStan - I seemed to keep falling short myself as well and not sure why, I had skipped the previous week to get caught up after missing a day, but somehow I was short a day again! Maybe I lost track and missed one when I was in the hospital, and just don’t remember. I was able to log in before it refreshed so as to use the next round of VIP tickets to fulfill this one (and then got the Eudi that I least wanted to get) but that of course leaves me a day short yet again… but I have not been having much luck with the lottery in awhile though, so kind of fine with missing it another week. I might start tracking the costs and rewards to see exactly how much I’m spending on it for what I get as it doesn’t seem to be paying off as well for me as it used to.

1 Like

Remember that last week, the Prize Drop didn’t reset until Tuesday

I echo this sentiment; except to take it a half step further- I would definitely pass. It’s not worth it at all, IMO.

1 Like

@Mary_Jo, I did receive one pterodactyl card, but that’s about it. Then the diamond pack on the wheel spin yesterday, but then that’s not what we’re talking about. Used to get a pack lottery win every so often, but no longer. Diamond pack wins were an occasional occurrence all along.

1 Like

Oh… okay that must have been the reason why then. So I should be okay once I sit out a week again.

2 Likes

If you aren’t adverse to spending a few Dinobucks, you should be able to get back on track without sitting out a week. On Monday morning before the Prize Drop resets, buy the 20 tickets for Dinobucks plus 5 of the ones on the far left. You can easily absorb those tickets throughout the rest of the week.

I’m very adverse to spending DBs if I don’t think the value is worth it. IMO the lottery is already a bit of a stretch in terms of the value for cost, seeing as how rare winning anything decent on it seems to have become, so putting DBs into it just so I don’t have to skip a week is not even a consideration.

2 Likes

Fair enough