Ludia Forums

Spinosaurids

This thread is Made for you to just talk about spinosaurids…
example:
“My spinosaurid is suchomimus. (Explain fun facts and talk about anything)

2 Likes

5 Likes

looks like a super spynonyx, just so spiky, I like it
I know its JWA spino gen 2, I just saying I like the lvl 40 model

8 Likes

Spinosaurids despite the name, not all had raised spines. Though it would be weird if they were name the ‘Suchotopsids’. That translates to crocodile face, a feature portrayed in all spinosaurids to some degree.

4 Likes

Fact : Some consider suchomimus as a synonym of baryonx but it’s probably unlikely since theres a 20 million year time gap between the two. There are some fossils from iberia that have been assumed to baryonx but they could have been from a different animal

And now to the debate that spinosaurus and oxalia are synonymous.
First of all it should be ignored since the only fossil of oxalia was a partial skull and skulls in all spinosauroids are basically similar . Second due to their different continental isolation they would have evolved into completely different animals. As can be seen in animals that have relatives on different continents bears, elephants, lions etc. And at last people shouldn’t believe that paper since it can’t even be proofed anymore since the only fossil of oxalia was destroyed

3 Likes

Ostafrikasaurus

4 Likes

Newer studdies say that Ostafrikasaurus could be a ceratosaur not a spinosaur. However we only have teeth of Ostafrikasaurus and spinosaur and ceratosaur teeth are very similar

4 Likes

That really does suck since it means that there wouldn’t have been any spinosaurids from the Jurassic.

1 Like

A ceratosaur from Portugal has been recently reclassified as a spinosauroid. Don’t remember the name

1 Like

Hello, its me again, been a year since I was banned but im back and this time I will try to stick to the rules.

1 Like