Ludia Forums

Sportsmanship

I’m still unboosted, and still hanging in the 5300-5500 trophy area.
One thing I’ve noticed lately is the extremely poor sportsmanlike conduct and emotes.
It’s happened many times since the update, but the match I just had was a real head-scratcher.
My team is fully L30. I went up against a player with L25-27s, boosted to basically be on-par with mine. I outplayed them… hard.
Then their last creature comes out:

When I took it down… I was yawned at.
What?
I’m sitting here beating you on even ground, we can even call it uneven since the speed boosts broke that evenness. And you yawn?
To me, that’s just shameful.
I’m not usually irked by these things, and have never been so much that I vocalized my distaste.
But this… come on.
Sorry, just had to let this out lol.

31 Likes

This thing is why I want to make my Magna have 146 speed. For that reason alone. To get rid of Thors like these. And Trykos maybe.

3 Likes

Just turn them off. I don’t have these on unless I am doing a raid.

8 Likes

Just saltiness man. Imagine his/her upset when you realize the boosts on Thor’s speed was in vain. And as I can see its maxed as well :astonished:.

8 Likes

it’s odd, It happens to me when I get beat by people with much better boosted Dinos… guess that’s just the way some people are. Does make me wonder why they even have the yawn…

5 Likes

That is when I was seeing it the most too. Its like, you dropped dude…what did you expect? How about you go back to the level you should be playing at instead of dropping on purpose and acting like my much smaller team trying its hardest is somehow offensive to you and boring.

3 Likes

This is why I turned emotes off. Too many people putting out nasty ones.

10 Likes

Following TheGamingBeaver’s advice, as he said: “Turn off the emotes. Its much more freeing”, my experience in the arena, both against unboosted/boosted, have been much more fun. Lol Ive been feeling way less pressure from battles, win or lose.

5 Likes

It’s childish using the emotes like that. Just shows how easily people get frustrated if they pay to win and then lose. I really admire you holding your ground unboosted. Should be applauded not yawned at.

12 Likes

It’s been rough lol

2 Likes

I had them off from the moment they were introduced until about a month ago. I got curious… and now I guess I’m the cat lol.

3 Likes

I leave them on occasionally hoping maybe people might play nicely, I think I put too much faith in people sometimes :grinning: I like getting the oops as a high lvl boosted monster crushes my little Dino, like I could have stopped it…

4 Likes

Don’t really pay attention to the emotes.

I always try to go with the “Well Played” or “Thanks” to any match. Not everyone responds but that’s no skin of my nose.

5 Likes

At least with the boss raids there is some positive purpose behind them.

I wouldn’t dream of having them on for normal pvp though.

It would be akin to being back at school and knowing you had a ‘kick me’ post note on your back.

5 Likes

I had an opponent spamming Indo Gen 2’s cautious strike and took out a dino and a half so I brought mine in at the end and returned the cautions strike spam to which they gave me the yawn emote. I won the match, ha ha.

3 Likes

theres a lesson in that. Don’t dish out what you can’t take.

2 Likes

Yawn topic :wink:

Switch it off. How many times do we need to repeat it?

2 Likes

Had it off since day one. But I’m curious, do they know it’s off, or do they keep spamming them…

2 Likes

your opponents won’t know it’s off. os they send things into the void.

2 Likes

Thanks. I now feel bad for players like Shaun above who’s using them correctly, but I feel really good when it’s a spammer that does it now… Spam away, it’s off :slight_smile:

2 Likes