Ludia Forums

Stat Boosts are a cheap crutch

Stat boosts are a cheap crutch for the no skilled players that rely solely on RNG to advance in arena. I have a challenge for those people, play the game using dinosaurs that are not boosted in order to play fairly. Do this for about several months and you will see what low levels, less privileged, and less affluent players go through in arena. Time to put your money where your mouth is. If you can play the game fairly without the use of stat boosts, that means you have skill. If you play using stat boosted dinosaurs you are a cheap no skilled cheater. Remember stat boosted dinos are forbidden with this challenge. May the odds be in your favor.

4 Likes

Hate to break it to you, but this has been happening to everyone since the game started. The RNG is always present, and a big percentage of battles are determined by it whether you like it or not. In general, skill doesn’t and didn’t play the biggest part in the arena before boosts happened.

Its not really a cheat to use boosts…
It is it what it is. Pay2Win. The game has always been like this. Like any other free2play mobile game

1 Like

I am just making it interesting, this way everyone has a fair chance in arena. Stat boosts are a waste of binary code

I am a purist. I play the game as is without spending actual money. I find it more challenging and rewarding

1 Like

To me boosts take the fun out of the game

Dracocera are a cheap crutch for the no skilled players that rely solely on SIA to advance in arena. I have a challenge for those people, play the game using dinosaurs without SIA in order to play fairly. Do this for about several months and you will see what low levels, less privileged, and less affluent players go through in arena. Time to put your money where your mouth is. If you can play the game fairly without the use of SIA, that means you have skill. If you play using SIA dinosaurs you are a cheap no skilled cheater. Remember SIA dinos are forbidden with this challenge. May the odds be in your favor.

8 Likes

Welcome to the I got 0-3’d by a big Thor club!
It is the new meta.

3 Likes

I very rarely use Dracocera. Yes he is in my top 8. I just find other strategies to win the game that do not involve it.

The way they were implemented, and what has happened with them since, I’m sure most of the player base agrees. Unfortunately, until they either remove or rework that system, you need to use them or else be destroyed at this point.

1 Like

I have yet to face a steroid Thor yet. Yes I have fought against ones without boost and have killed them with Allosino each time. My post is just a thought that has been on my mind lately.

How on Earth is it “cheating”, “cheap” or “unfair” to use the stat boosts you get from daily incubators and the stat boost strike on the creatures in your team?

Or just not fight in arena altogether and avoid the stress

Again I am just presenting a challenge. That if you use a stat boosted dino, it means that you are taking the easy way out and are afraid of a challenge to play fairly

how is this a challenge again? :smiley:
People boost their best dinos so if you say take part in your challenge and remove the boosted dinos we would most likely use only epic or a few legendary dinos :smiley:

Let me tell you what it like to fight in aviary. Every single 28-30 IS boosted. Which really means they are all 30+. If I went in there and tried playing without my team being boosted as well? I would NEVER win. It’s not about it being the easy way out, it’s me not wasting my time getting smashed.

1 Like

I wish more people could see a bigger picture and see that the boost could have been a good thing for the overall health of the game.

The core problem here is that it was just implemented very poorly, not the Boosts themselves. Just imo.

I wish Ludia would have thought this through a lot better with their introduction. Or perhaps had a new content tester (or 12) to examine new features for problems before things go live.

Edit - I also don’t think there would have been much of a problem if speed was never put in the store and was only available once a week, through a strike tower only.

9 Likes

So you couldn’t answer my question and instead you just repeat yourself that I am not “playing fairly” without any giving argument or explanation. So again, how am I not “playing fairly” because I use resources that I have earned in the game?

By the way, I also don’t spend any real-world money on the game, but for a different reason.

They need to reduce the speed boost. If it was half or a third as effective things would not get crazy.

It’s the whole Trex faster than a Vr that causes problems at a small number of tiers.

3 Likes

you are correct its not a cheat to use boosts, this game has always been pay to win however with a sense of grind to it, you need to get out there collect DNA that’s why everyone is up in arms.

its totally changed

1 Like