Ludia Forums

Stgidaryx and her shields (mini rework post)

I’ve mentioned this kind of idea a bit before, but it was ages ago and I’ve got a couple of new ideas for it

I have a love hate relationship with Stigidaryx’s swap in invincibility and instant invincibility There are times when I love it as I can either block a big move or use it to stall a turn. More often then not though, I just throw Stgidaryx in on Maxima’s rampage to tank the hit, even though it can break the shield, then swoop out. I’ve done this to Tryko as well on many occasions and other shield breaking creatures. Sure, more often than not I’m faster and easily get the swoop on them which has really helped in this patch but thanks to Ludia nerfing her health for some strange, magical reason she can’t take as many hits as she used to.

In addition to this it’s not like I’m using the instant invincibility much as well, most of the time I just cleaning swoop out on turn 1, I only really ever use it to stall for a lethal swoop. What I think Stgidaryx needs is access to a more on demand shielding move to tank more damage and a consequence for shattering her shield.

This is what I propose

Shielding resilient strike

Deal 1x damage. Nulify cloak and evasion and speed increase. cleanse deacceleration and decrease speed by 50% for 1 turn. 50% shield for 1 turn

Splintered Invincibility

Priority. Invincible for 1 turn. If this shield is shattered by a defence shattering move, inflict DoT for 0.25 of targets max health for 2 turns. This effect still occurs if the creature is knocked out by the incoming attack
Cooldown 3 delay 1

Swap in splintered Invincibility

Upon swapping in, become invincible for 1 turn. If this shield is shattered by a defence shattering move inflict DoT for 0.25 of targets max health. This effect still occurs if the creature is knocked out by the incoming attack for 2 turns

(Note. nulifying the shield does not cause the bleed)

This wouldn’t make Stgidaryx a monster to be reckoned with, but it adds a slight consequence for shield breakers, possibly making it a more reliable bleeder as that combined with cleansing swoop will guarantee a kill unless the are immune, cleanse or swap out and the shield on its basic move might give a bigger reason to stay in for a lethal swoop or even the splintered Invincibility.

I doubt it would happen but it’s a cool idea in my head

You might want to check out this Stigydaryx rework. It would easily be able to take on the strongest creatures in the game 1v1 without losing its swap-utility.