Stop making lower arenas more rewarding

I just fought a level 20 velociraptor that completely wrecked half of my team. I brought up my lower level velociraptor just to give them a fast win because there was no hope for the match and I just wanted out. Then, the opponent started switching dinosaurs like crazy and I ended up winning because he wouldn’t attack me. That player just wanted to lose after he so obviously proved his superiority. Yes, winning was good as I want and need trophies, but it was such an anticlimatic win. Makes you feel like you didn’t really accomplish your own trophies, they were just handed to you.

Winning should be like YESSSSSS not meh.

The problem is, if you want, for instance, T-Rex DNA, you are better off in arena 1 as the chance to get it from an incubator is higher. Lots of people do this, and I have even considered it myself. That leads to awful, awful battles like the one I just had.

Currently owning the highest amount of trophies I’ve ever had and I’m not even celebrating because I didn’t really earn them.

I’m not sure what the solution could be. Maybe make it so that all of the dinosaurs have the chance to drop in all the incubators, regardless of the arena, so that the chance to get Rex in arena 1 is just as bad as in arena 6. Maybe give us the option to select at least a few dinosaurs that we DO NOT WANT at all to ensure the rewards are actually rewarding. I’m so sick of irritator, irritator gen 2, purrusaurus, and they keep dropping, making battle incubators almost useless for me. I don’t know, just do something to fix this and keep battles competitive and entertaining

What I hate is coming out if a really gruling close match and being rewarded with a 15min Incubator, yet if I have an “easy win”, I get either 3 or 8hr Incubators. Like, really? Tough gruling matches should drop the better incubators.

I generally battle enough each evening during my walk to fill my incubator slots with enough 3+ hours to unlock during work the next day, and I’ve noticed a pattern.

Every day without fail, it goes: 3hr, 8hr/12hr, 3hr, 15min (I skip through this one), 3hr. Never seen 24hr incubator yet, but that’s probably because I only battle 5 times a day. I’m pretty certain the quality of battle doesn’t effect anything except maybe trophy gain for a win but even that may be random.

So there’s a pattern? Hm, I haven’t noticed anything…not that I really paid attention XD

Ik how u feel I hate the feeling when u win after beating a team of all epics and only get a 15min incubator

Damn, all Epics? That sounds terrifying…

This intriganted me so I’m starting a research on this pattern. Every time I win an incubator, I write it down. So far I have:

15m
3h
3h
8h
3h

I will let you al know when I have more data collected

3 hr
3 hr
3 hr
Will update

Here’s the result of my data so far:

15m
3h
3h
8h
3h
15m
3h
3h
8h
3h
15m
3h
3h
8h
3h

Certainly seems to follow the pattern stated above. Missing data from 12h/24h ones but we can easily assume they take the place of the 8h one as @Algorithmz claimed. Really interesting!

Just to add, I got my first 24hr incubator the other day and it was in place of the 8hr/12hr. I didn’t battle yesterday so we’ll see if the pattern holds true tonight. I’ll post if something changes.

Nice! I have another question for you, since you seem to have all of this controlled: If I win a fight, and I was supposed to get a 15 minute incubator as reward, but my incubator slots are full… the next one I actually get will be 15 minutes or 3 hours?

I have no idea. I just fill my slots with 3hr or better and stop there until the next day.

Okay so, over the course of a few days, maybe a week, I’ve managed to record all my wins and losses, and there’s indeed a pattern with these incubators. I did up to 30 matches so here goes:

15min, Loss, Loss, Bot-3hr, 3hr, 8hr, 3hr, Loss (timeout), Loss, Bot-15min, 3hr, 3hr, 12hr, 3hr, Loss, Loss, Bot-15min, 3hr, 3hr, Loss, Loss, 8hr, 3hr, Loss (timeout), 15min, Loss, Loss, Bot-3hr, 3hr, 8hr.

I know I had a one other timeout and I turned it around, and the other I was lucky to get back before the match started, but, yeah. There’s a definite pattern.