Stop referring to me as they/them!

As much as I love that my beautiful enby family gets the representation they absolutely deserve, it’s super dysmorphic for me to be referred to as they/them. I’ve spent a long time coming to terms with how i identify and unfortunately they/them is not it. Every single time it comes up, usually on a date with a match, I’m taken right out of the story. I could not finish Nick Klaus story for this reason and now Salvatore’s story is upsetting me for the same reasons. PLEASE LUDIA! Allow people to pick their pronouns!!!

3 Likes

They’re trying to make it neutral for everyone

Yeah, but if they can code it to recognize people’s many different names it shouldn’t be harder to code constant words like gender pronouns to change as needed

3 Likes

I’d also like to be gendered correctly. While I appreciate that they are trying to be inclusive, it’s annoying having to mentally change it out to she/her every time. I just wanna be a girlfriend, not partner. I know it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it’d be nice

2 Likes

I’m with you there

1 Like

Hey all, thanks for the feedback. It has been brought to the teams attention.

2 Likes

Keeping it neutral for everyone when they can just have everyone choose their preferred pronouns is just laziness.

Using they/them as a default for those who don’t identify as non-binary is just as misgendering as the opposite would be.

1 Like

Agreed. Hopefully support actually passes this along and they start allowing pronouns

I don’t understand why specifying our pronouns isn’t part of the profile setup, like our name, zodiac, and interests. Checking a little box could at least trigger the appropriate pronouns in the dialog for the matches. Just my two cents, for what they’re worth.

1 Like

Me either. And It’d actually be relevant to the story, unlike the zodiac stuff

1 Like