Ludia Forums

Strange team combo

Just had a battle with opponent with the following combo

Ankylocodon level 30
Majungasaurus level 30
And thor 28 and stegod 29.

He also had a Einiasichus level 30 that was not in the battle.

First time I had met someone with these creatures. Threw me off a little. Although I did defeat him, it just felt strange battling such creatures in the Library.

FYI, he was about 300 :trophy: higher than me.

1 Like

Yay creature variety? :thinking:

2 Likes

This is less of creature variety and more of I put boosts into the wrong dinos and now I’m stuck with them lol

1 Like

Seems out of the ordinary and somewhat original ,especially the way the meta is.

As @Qiew said, it’s awesome to see some differentiation in the arenas, instead of just the same old plain creatures like Dracoceratops or Indoraptor.

I love throwing non-meta creatures in the lineup, you can pull off some surprising wins. Many users have no idea what to do when you go away from what they are used to. They are expecting, and know what attacks to expect, from Thor and the other regulars. Throw a big Velociraptor, Apato, ankylocodon, Majunga or something in and you have them stumped. They have no expectation of what attack you are going to use or how to effectively counter them.

What really seems to throw opponents for a loop is a themed crew. All swap in, all immune, all raptor, all tanks, all long-necks… Just one after another. Yeah, it can fail on ya also if they have all counters, but worth the risk for me. When Green chicken was getting me frustrated, I threw in a crew of nullifiers, several of them immune. For the Rat in its heyday? Pinning strike. Or just throw a bunch of random non-meta creatures in and hit the button, ya never know.

4 Likes

i may just have to start trying that. I have a couple of things i have in mind to try out.

1 Like

Depends on where you live, nothing to do with boosts.

I have enough DNA, I could do that with those critters.

How else you gonna get L30 critters?

…and with the auto fuse, makes it way easier.

I love throwing non-meta creatures in the lineup, you can pull off some surprising wins. Many users have no idea what to do when you go away from what they are used to. They are expecting, and know what attacks to expect, from Thor and the other regulars. Throw a big Velociraptor, Apato, ankylocodon, Majunga or something in and you have them stumped. They have no expectation of what attack you are going to use or how to effectively counter them.

Ding ding ding! I can always see the other opponent scratching their head and wondering which attack is coming. Will it be the cringing Pinning Strike, or will it be the dreaded Decelerating Impact. With no cooldown, it keeps them wondering!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve fought this exact same guy in Library lol. Although I’ve seen multiple different people with Level 30 Ankylocodon ,Majung, and Einia. There are definitely some non-meta dinos that are more popular.