Ludia Forums

Stuck at 1/29 and cannot log into game

Having a little issue with my device right now, can’t get into the game. I launch the app, then I am showed a screen that asks me too choose Facebook account, google play, or guest. I choose google play, then select my google account, and back to the selection of 3. This just keeps happening over and over and over again, tried clearing cache, restarting my phone, and deleting and re-downloading the app, so I can’t figure it out for the life of me, since this has been going since yesterday afternoon for me. So yeah, any assistance on this would be welcomed, and I use an android btw.

I’m sorry that is happening with your Google account, Snake_Dude. Could you please check your Google Play Store and see if you are logged in with the correct Google account?

Yea that’s what happened to me a couple years ago…I couldn’t get mine back sadly :disappointed_relieved:

It would appear as though all the information is correct as it was before with the correct google account… any other suggestions?

If that is the case, it looks like our team might need to take a closer look at this for you to see what’s going on. Could you please email our support team at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key if you have it available?

Thanks!

Hold you get your stuff back!!